Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • any sponsored riders on here??
  • cubemeup
    Free Member

just wondered how much time you guys put into training etc also what sort of diet would you be on ie how many cals do you eat each day?
    also how often would you change parts on ur bike?

andrewh
    Free Member

Sort of, riding for a ‘proper’ team for the first time this season.

Training varies according to all sorts of things, mostly when races are, injuries and weather, usually 1000-1200hrs per year.
    Diet varies according to training. I’m veggie all the time (moral reasons rather than anything to do with racing) Mid season I’ll be eating 6000 calories per day average, maybe down to 4000 off season (5’11 and 10st2) and lots more when there’s a 24hr race.
    I just change parts when they break. New stuff at the start of each season would be brake pads, inner gear cables, chain, cassette, middle ring and tyres. The tyres and pads would usually be a changed a few times a year. Old stuff gets moved down the line to spare bike, then to commuter. Only get reduced rates on frames, bars, stems and tyres so still need to look after it.

I expect all of the above would be hugely different for downhillers. Especially the bit about changing parts when they break…

pixelmix
    Free Member

I’m sponsored by Haribo and Mrs PixelMix’s Bakery.

I’m also fuelled by both of my sponsors.

jedi

i have got trade deal with my lbs chain for the last 15yrs. no wrenching fees etc…
    eat/drink and ride when i want 🙂 🙂

Seggons
    Free Member

my dad?

Hornet600
    Free Member

The wife!

TheSwede
    Free Member

Savlon

nicolaisam
    Free Member

Elastoplast

bikerbruce
    Free Member

i am thanks,dad and my team.
    I get a frame every mtb season. i got kit,shoes for road and mtb and get sis stuff monthly.I change chains every 2 months,tyres when they loose theyre bite,i change grips like every 2 month and everything else as an when.i eat according to my training ,alot of food alot of training and vice versa
    Bruce

Sandwich

The government sponsored me for 18 months in 2009/2010. Does that count?

Merak

Sadly I’m not sponsored. If I were it would be by Leffe and Golden Wonder, and I would be happier than a dog with two dicks.

stevomcd
    Free Member

I get deals on a lot of kit, don’t know if that makes me sponsored or not.

Training? I ride pretty much every day between May and October. In the winter, skiing, snowboarding, ski/snowboard touring, turbo trainer and the occasional low-altitude bit of mountain biking.

Diet? As much cake as I can handle…

GregMay
    Free Member

Yes of sorts. Bike and bits.

Diet, sensible, dont calorie count during race season, only do it in pre season.

Change pads pretty damn often, chains 2-3months, chainrings whenever. More often change tires TBH

Training…i’ve got a powermeter and a coach. I do as im told, it works.

cullen-bay
    Free Member

Im 16 and ride for squarewheels, and there is a bunch of us who do.
    I dont think about what i eat too much, which is probably having a negative affect on my racing.

I am 6ft 1 or a bit more, and weigh 65 kilos, so im fairly thin, but its all good because thats the shape to be if you want to do XC…

I have never recorded how much time i spend training really, during the summer it is 5/6 nights a week 2 1/2 hours a session sometimes more. during the winter it is 4-5 times a week (3 turbo sessions).

I go through an xt drivetrain every 4 months, but i am very light on my components compared to a couple of the other guys i race with!

andrewh
    Free Member

I go through an xt drivetrain every 4 months

😯

I’m on two year old XTR shifters and mechs, just starting their third season.
    Get a full year from chain/cassette/chainrings then they move down to my lesser bikes.
    How do you do it?

Ambrose

Mtbmatt is a sponsored rider. But he is currently singlespeeding his way from South Wales to Strathpuffer so is unable to comment. Respect.

valleydaddy
    Free Member

my sponsors:

http://www.felinfoel-brewery.co.uk/

http://www.rhymneybreweryltd.com/

http://www.welsh-whisky.co.uk/

I pay for their products and they help me relax 😆

cullen-bay
    Free Member

should clarify, i go through an xt cassette/chain/rings every 4 months, im still using xtr shifters from last year, and they work fine.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘any sponsored riders on here??’ is closed to new replies.