Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Any Spesh Roubaix owners – tyre clearance…..
  • MoreCashThanDash

Anyone on here got a Roubaix and find that when riding on wet and muddy country lanes, you soon accumulate enough muck and debris around the seat/chain stays and front forks to rub or even jam your tyres? Is it just me? And why would this happen on a bike designed to supposedly cope with the race of the same name?

And following on, now the original 23/25mm Roubaix tyres are wearing out, what best to replace them with? Was thinking of 25mm Krylions, which have been amazing on my commuting bikes.

coopersport1
    Free Member

Not had mine long and only done one damp ride on it so far but I did notice the acculutaion around the chain/seat stay area, mind you they are huge! Other than that it's great like riding a magic carpet compared to my old Halfords Special. 500miles of smooth riding so far LeJog in a few weeks time.

FuzzyWuzzy

Firstly don't confuse a bikes name with it's suitability, it could cause you some issues especially if you like Coves.

Secondly, no real issues myself although I run 23mm tyres both ends, I also have race guards on most of the time.

As for tyres, lots of different opinions – personally I prefer Schwalbe Ultremo DD's but Krylions and Conti GP 4 Seasons are highly rated to (as lightweight training tyres).

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Any Spesh Roubaix owners – tyre clearance…..’ is closed to new replies.