Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • any smaller energy providers worth looking at?
  • sadexpunk

cant believe how bad scottish power are being with us. we’ve had a complaint in for a while, but still no answer to that, havent been able to access our online account for months and months now. customer service is shocking.

it wont cost us anything to swap, and have been looking on these comparison sites for a different supplier. far too complicated to work out if we’d save anything, but as relatively low users, we’d just like a decent company that are good to deal with, good customer service and easy to see how much we’re using etc

read about ovo on here but after looking into them something put us off at the time, cant remember what. might have been a £30 per utility ‘get out early’ clause, which most of them seem to have.

id definitely want the option to leave when i want as i wouldnt want to be tied to someone jacking up our DDs for instance and dont want to have to pay £60 for the privilege.

any little companies that most people are unaware of? are all the big ones as bad as each other?

thanks

iamroughrider
    Free Member

I’ve used the Utility Warehouse for 6 or so years, in two different areas and think they are superb. Used them for electricity, broadband and phone line.

linky

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

last time I looked, EBICO seemed to be very competitive on gas for small users. The reason being, they don’t have a fixed standing charge, which can end up being a big % of the bill if you don’t use much. Also, at the time, they claimed to be not for profit.

sc-xc

We have been delighted with OVO

unovolo
    Free Member

Been with OVO for 3 or 4 years with no complaints, no reason to change so not to worried about get out clauses.

Been with EBICO in the past and although no issue with how they operate I did a comparison pricewise recently and they worked out considerable more than OVO like for like for me.

sadexpunk

ok, ill take another look at ovo thanks. just mailed SP to ask for it in writing that i wont get charged for leaving as i just dont trust em. whether i get any response from that or not who knows :-/

ta

wonnyj
    Free Member

Yes I’m with OVO – absolutely brilliant compared to npower (ok not so difficult) and generally very good to deal with. Well priced too.

brassneck

OVO + a lot – cheap and great to deal with. Love the meter reading app too, though I expect they all do that now.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

OVO all the way. Cheap, plus they give you some thing like 3% interest on any credit, which is better than you will get in your own bank account.

MadBillMcMad

OVO or Extra Energy

silverbirchdan
    Free Member

Ovo, because you get a biscuit in your welcome pack. Nuff said.

BigJohn

I’m moving house tomorrow and I’m halfway through a 12 month dual fuel fix with OVO. I phoned and told them and was pleased to learn they don’t charge the early termination fee if you’re moving house.

molgrips
    Free Member

Ecotricity here. No complicated tariffs, no awful call centre, no advertising bolx, just leccy and a bill. Seems competitively priced.

High renewable content too, but I’m sure someone on here will shoot that down in flames.

Blackhound

I switched to Flow Energy last June and happy with them and pricing. I was with nPower and they have still not sorted my bill out after 10 months due to a ‘technical issue’, Eejits!

I switched last year because nPower were avoiding paying tax in the UK but Flow are UK based and pay taxes here.

Olly
    Free Member

Good Energy here. price seems reasonable, and they say they only buy eleccy from renewable sources (turbines and ting) so in theory the money is going into the renewable industry.

Top of which survey too according to the website:

http://www.goodenergy.co.uk/

(they do gas too, apparently off set against solar thermal systems elsewhere)

br
    Free Member

Good Energy here. price seems reasonable, and they say they only buy eleccy from renewable sources

Aye… 🙄

Last time I looked all the power goes on to the grid and is then used.

timbur
    Free Member

Ecotricity here too.
    REALLY REALLY nice people to deal with.
    Cheapest around now as well IIRC.
    And you can wear your hessian/mung bean/hemp jumper with pride!

molgrips
    Free Member

Aye…

Last time I looked all the power goes on to the grid and is then used.

Yes, of course, you don’t use the same actual electrons, but that doesn’t matter – if they supply 10% of the grid then it doesn’t matter, it all goes into the pot. Point is if you choose to use a renewable provider then you are paying for someone to generate renewable power, regardless.

sadexpunk

ovo/ecotricity/good/flow….. all seem good options then.

any of those do free exit if you dont get on with them?

thanks a lot

sadexpunk

just had a butchers at topcashback and if i change supplier through ‘simplyswitch’ i get cashback plus a discount. one of the options to change to is ovo.
    anyone dealt through simplyswitch before? or will it be more trouble than its worth going through a middle man?

cheers

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘any smaller energy providers worth looking at?’ is closed to new replies.