Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • any slackliners on here?
  • carlphillips
    Free Member

just got a cheapy slackline for camping/beach fun etc

has anyone built there own ‘A’ frames? any tips?

fervouredimage
    Free Member

We did it the hard way. 2 posts sunk 4 foot into concrete. Was a lot of digging.

carlphillips
    Free Member

ive thought about that too, i have some space for them so may just do that, timber or metal?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I’m planning on sinking a couple of posts into the garden for a hammock, and using one for a slackline, the other end of the slackline will be attached to a muckle wall fixture.

fervouredimage
    Free Member

We used timber, 6 foot, 16″ fence posts. After using the slackline a few times now I’m fairly sure that anything less wouldn’t have been suitable. In fact there is some flex in them even now. Likewise a 4 foot, concrete filled hole is the minimum in my opinion to be sure.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

16″? Where’d you get 16″ posts?.

fervouredimage
    Free Member

Local timber merchants.

carlphillips
    Free Member

mmm looks like i’ll be sourcing some fairly large posts then…looking around most sites recommend 8″ diameter posts you reckon they arent strong enough?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

You could buy concrete fence posts, prob be cheaper.

Duane…
    Free Member

Whatever you do, make sure you film your first few goes..

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iifkGegnhzg[/video]

carlphillips
    Free Member

i did think of concrete posts, will have a look at lengths available.

andyunder
    Free Member

We used a hole borer the filled it with concrete and chain (think it was 10mm), then use 2 a-frames for the hight.

twohats
    Free Member

Just been in our local ish park and some guys had a mental long slack line between two trees, must have easy have been 50 metres. Very impressive to watch them on it.

TooTall
    Free Member

I was at the Riverrock outdoor festival weekend this weekend and remembered some of you had talked of slacklining on here. We saw this lot doing their slackline thang. Pretty impressive really:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GE0LNB2Jr3k[/video]

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘any slackliners on here?’ is closed to new replies.