Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Any Sky TV engineers on here?
  • tum-yeto
    Free Member

hey guys,

My sky box has just died, no signal apparently, really dont want to book an engineer cause i dont have £65 to spare.

any internal info that would help at all?

might be a case of beer in the post if there is. (only if it works…… 😉 )

cheers, chris.

highclimber
    Free Member

wrightyson
    Free Member

Take it you’ve unplugged both feeds switched off box reconnected feeds wait ten minutes and switch back on!

tum-yeto
    Free Member

yeah i have done all that, same with the lbn stuff as well. in the installers input menu.

chris.

(wish i was the cable guy!)

mav12
    Free Member

girl in work got sky out swapped the box cost was £45 iirc just tell em you are going to cancel

saleem
    Free Member

that happened to me last week so I phoned them and they went through resets with me over the phone and it’s been fine since.

oliverd1981
    Free Member

There’s no such thing as a Sky engineer, well not on the streets in a van at any rate… Checked the LNB for water ingress and the dish for leaves/debris? Try borrowing a friend or neighbours box see if it gets signal?

wrightyson
    Free Member

I’ve had two replacement boxes, both free of charge. Just don’t take any shit and tell them you’ll leave unless they do you a deal! Might require you signing up for another year but that’s not a problem for most folks as life would end without the sky + box!

showerman
    Free Member

or get a skybox of ebay sometimes they come up on here

midwales
    Free Member

if the box is stuck in standby mode it is dead and give up.

if not try, unpluging power. hold the backup button down, switch power back on, keep finger on backup button till all the lights appear on the box and you should get software download message in black and white on the tv. takes about 15mins to perform a full download.

if this fails new box time, assuming lnb etc are ok.

neil
    mid wales satellite and aerials

mattsccm
    Free Member

Agree with the above. Threaten to quit and they will bend over backwards. refuse to pay anything. It works everytime.

Jase
    Free Member

We had that a few months ago.

When they said about carge to come out we said, oh well can you tell me how we cancel.

They said on this occasion they’d do it FOC!.

tum-yeto
    Free Member

turns out dish has rusted to buggery and snapped the arm, pointing the LNB at the top of the dish………gutted

wrightyson
    Free Member

Tie wraps and gaffer tape??

dafunkphenomenon
    Free Member

Had a similar sort of thing on an out of warranty box. Rang Sky and told them I was going to cancel as I didn’t want to pay the charge. They arranged for someone to come out and fix it for free. Ended up changing the LNB but also got a new box as it wouldn’t reboot.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Any Sky TV engineers on here?’ is closed to new replies.