Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Any Pipedream Skookum owners…
  • rosscopeco
    Free Member

Just wondering if anyone has any experience on the new 29er Skookum from pipedream bikes? I current ride a Cotic Solaris with a Rohloff but I’m really thinking of getting something more inclined towards running the Rohloff. The Skookum seems to have all the right gable guides / sliding dropouts as well as a near identical geometry to the Solaris. I love the Cotic but it looks a messy rig with cable ties / chain tensioners etc etc

Orangejohn
    Free Member

I have a Skookum (singlespeed) and have previously had a Rohloff. The dropouts on the Skookum are an absolute dream for SS use and experience suggests they would be equally as good for the Rohloff. I think Pipedream can supply a more suitable dropout plate for the Rohloff (it is certainly worth asking).
    I haven’t ridden a Solaris or for that matter seen one in the flesh, however the Skookum is a quality frame and finished well. It has a very long top tube and with a 740 low rise bar I had to put a 50mm on to shorten it – very pleased with the result however.
    As for geometry I think they are similar but welcome input from someone who actually knows what they are talking about. The angles on the PD website might be correct but there is mention of 130mm forks and yet the frame is rated for 120s (it all seems a bit confused).
    Having said that I understand manufacturers are a little reluctant about figures as tyres and sag can change the angles.
    For me it felt slightly more XC than usual but not overly steep; but then again I usually ride a 68 degree 29er hardtail.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Any Pipedream Skookum owners…’ is closed to new replies.