• This topic has 7 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by P20.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Any Skoda mechanics please ?
  • jiff
    Free Member

Am thinking of buying a Skoda Yeti and am wondering whether there have been any faults found with them ?.
    Looking at the 2.0 litre diesel, 2WD and 110 BHP.
    Failing that, the Diesel 140BHP 4WD – but again, not sure if their 4WD system is reliable ?.

Ta.

wolvesdug
    Free Member

Would be either Audi’s or VW 4wd system.

danti

Check out this forum which includes Yetis

http://briskoda.net/forums/

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    PePPeR

It’s all tried and tested VW stuff underneath!

Although let us know how you get on with the Yeti, I like the look of them though I have yet to persuade my other half, who actually prefers the Superb Estate!!

Conqueror
    Free Member

4wd – extra complications and cost to fix if it does goes wrong

if you don’t need it, its probably worth avoiding

Simwit

Don’t know about faults etc but the g/f had one (2.0 Diesel 2wd 110hp) for 5 months and I must say we were both very impressed with it. She was actually sad to see it go when her Tiguan finally arrived.

markrh
    Free Member

I’ve got one, 1.2, 2wheel drive with a dsg box. Its the best car i’ve ever owned 😀
    By the way that Briskoda website has got more nutters posting on it than on here (i’ve posted on both, don’t know what does that say about me…)

P20

I’ve got the Ocatvia 4×4 on which the yeti is based. The propshaft to the rear does vibrate at higher speeds, nothing dangerous but a little annoying. It’s about a grand to replace it, but it’s usable so I’ve left it. It’s getting on now though 92k and nearly 5yrs old. Brilliant car and I love it, very capable.

Briskoda is worth checking out

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Any Skoda mechanics please ?’ is closed to new replies.