Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Any skinwall tyres as good as Conti Grand Prix 4000s?
  • SaxonRider

As above.

I have a set of Contis on my bike right now, but will have to get another set pretty soon, and LOVE the look of the skin walls. The thing is, while I have read that the Specialized Cottons are great, they aren’t perhaps as durable as the Contis.

I want durability and confidence-inspiring grip – especially in the wet.

Suggestions?

neila

Continental Grand Prix Classics perhaps? Not quite skin wall but they’re definitely on my list for my Enigma, I’m done with Tubeless.

jimfrandisco
    Free Member

Compass?

cynic-al
    Free Member

Durability OR grip no?

File tread meant to help in the wet

lunge

Ignore durability and buy some Veloflex open’s. Light, grippy, fast tyres. Yes you may sacrifice a few miles but they’re so much nicer to ride.

corroded
    Free Member

I’ve got a pair of Challenge Strade Bianche skinwalls. They’re good but not as good as Schwalbe S-One / G-Ones in terms of durability. Grip is good but I prefer the Schwalbes overall.

Bregante

Vittoria Corsa G+.

Great in the wet. No punctures in over a year and as fast as the G-Ones I had on previously.

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

Skinswalls, wet? er, no! Don’t do it (often) or they’ll look crap in no time.

I’ve never (looks for something wooden) had a puncture on my turbo cottons. They do however ride fantastically and grip superbly.

umop3pisdn
    Free Member

My Corsa G+ got cut to buggery in 500 miles. Replaced with another set of Turbo Cottons – they really are much better.

Conti don’t make a proper gumwall tyre.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Challenge Paris-Roubaix or Strada Bianca.

onandon
    Free Member

Strada Bianca – looking forward to giving these a go.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Any skinwall tyres as good as Conti Grand Prix 4000s?’ is closed to new replies.