Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Any short arses ride a 29er?
  • ahwiles
    Free Member

good point, well put.

avdave2

It’s the angle of the dangle that matters. Some 29er’s like the Trance have loads of standover height,it’s lower than the 26″ anthem according to the web site.

luketracey

LOLs at 5’8/9/10 people who ride MEDIUM frames calling themselves short!

iainc

avdave2 – yes, but only when measuring standover at a point directly beneath the nose of the saddle. I can straddle a Solaris fine there, similar to Soul, but if I slide forward towards the stem, which is where i often stumble in my inpetitude dabbing on rocky stuff, the Solaris is 2 inches higher than the Soul, even with 20mm shorter fork.

mattjg
    Free Member

Ian, tried a dropper post? Might help if not (then no need to be forward of the saddle, which really isn’t where you want to be anyway).

GaryLake
    Free Member

Luke: given conventional wisdom seems to indicate that 29ers are for 6 footers or above, I think it’s valid…

iainc

mattjg – what I mean is that riding them is fine, but when I’m scrambling around a scottish mountainside, with lots of on, off, stop, start etc, the crotch clearance when not actually riding is a problem for me. As I said earlier though, horses for courses. If I was riding different terrain I’d have gone for the Solaris – more compliant, better distance covering, soaks up some of the stuff better.

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Any short arses ride a 29er?’ is closed to new replies.