Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Any self catering cottages in Shropshire
  • Lazgoat
    Free Member

Looking to get away for a few days at the end of the month, can anyone recommend anywhere to stay in Shropshire? There will be 4 adults, 3 kids and a lovely dog?
    Ta!

stwhannah

I’m just back from staying in a yurt at Walcot Hall. Really lovely location and great grounds for kids to roam in if they’re of the sensible not throwing themselves in ponds persuasion. There’s a mix of glamping and proper holiday cottage accommodation in and around an arboretum. No cars on site – wheelbarrows to get your kit to the yurts etc. If that doesn’t appeal, Bishops Castle and Ludlow were both nice places with plenty of accommodation options. And if it rains you must take the kids (and adults) to the play barn in Craven Arms to experience the drop slides!

Tiger6791

Got one on the coast of mid Wales.

Dogs and kids all welcome

Right Lattitude for Shropshire just a hour further west, but it does have a beach and mountains so totally worth an extra bit of driving 😀

olly2097
    Free Member

Oswestry way means half hour drive to Llandegla. Shropshire hills and ceiriog Valley. All good biking. Or even more extreme is revolution bike Park.

Lazgoat
    Free Member

Hannah, thanks but they’re fully booked 🙁 That’s saved for another adventure!
    I’ll check out the other places you mentioned.

Tiger, I’ll message you for more details. Our issue is getting away from the flatlands of Norfolk after school and then convincing the kids to sit tight for 4+ hours!

switchbacktrog
    Free Member

We stayed here last year, very good and they have a bike store. Close to Hopton Woods.

Cottage near Bucknell

Tiger6791

Tiger, I’ll message you for more details. Our issue is getting away from the flatlands of Norfolk after school and then convincing the kids to sit tight for 4+ hours!

Yep and that last hour can be a bit twisty

Here’s some details currently only got 1 week left from 5th May.

http://www.sykescottages.co.uk/cottage/Mid-Wales-Cardigan-Bay-Aberdyfi/Kynaston-Cottage-936048.html

It’s 3 beds, 2x doubles & a single, but we go with friends and fit 4 adults & 4 kids with a couple of single air beds.

nevisthecat
    Free Member

Morrels Wood Farm near Little Wenlock.

Proper working farm with several really nice cottages. Decent pub 500m down the road in Leighton.

Wrekin on the doorstep and Eastridge only a short hop as is the Mynd.

Lazgoat
    Free Member

Thanks all, we found a place that would take us all and the dog Squire Farm Cottage.
    All your lovely recommendations were either fully booked, couldn’t fit us all or allow a dog.

Roll on next weekend?!

Tiger6791

Enjoy 😀

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Any self catering cottages in Shropshire’ is closed to new replies.