Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Any SC 5010 riders?
  • astura
    Free Member

Im pretty certain this is going to be my next bike the alloy version but does anyone have any experience with how they perform at bike parks? BPW, Stiniog & Revolution

tomhoward

I’ve had a carbon V1 for 3.5 years now, it’s perfect as a ‘one bike for everything’, As for bike parks, I think it will cope, (mine has at stile cop, hamsterley and the DH lines at gisburn) but there’s probably more suitable stuff if that’s what you ride the most of, such as the bronson…

DaveVanderspek
    Free Member

I actually went in to my local dealer to buy one, but found myself inbetween sizes at just over 6ft 1″. Neither L or XL size felt comfortable for me and also the component spec was very poor for the money which did help to soften the blow a bit.
    Ended up with an Aeris 120, superb bike & specced way beyond the 5010 for same price.

mikeep
    Free Member

Super fun bike and very capable, especially with a 150mm fork. Perfect for UK riding but felt a little out of its dept in the Alps (non bike park riding).

deadkenny
    Free Member

Awesome all rounder for UK riding. Light and agile. I’ve chucked mine around more bike park style rougher / jumpier trails and is just as nice. Hammering down really rough rocky stuff, DH style, I felt my old Mk2 Nomad would be more comfortable, but then it’s probably more about the plush suspension set up than the bigger travel. Pedalling, the Nomad is harder, the way I’ve got it set up.

Anyway, I’ve not taken the 5010 to a dedicated bike park or DH place yet, and more likely I’d take the Nomad which is why I’ve kept it going. Also happier with that getting battered about on an uplift than risking the carbon on the 5010 on those trailers. Though I’m sure it’s fine, given the amount of blingy carbon enduro / DH bikes on them.

monostereo
    Free Member

just got myself a bronson and it’s surprising good for normal flatish trail riding. did 25 miles on Saturday which is a long way for an unfit bloke with a beer belly like me so i’m sure the 5010 would be even better.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

just got myself a bronson and it’s surprising good for normal flatish trail riding.

Aye is it, an absolute mile eater of a bike, accelerates incredibly quickly and descends superbly. I’d try and get a test ride of a Bronson before buying a 5010.

gkeeffe

+1 for a bronson. For what you want to do… no contest!

fanatic278
    Free Member

As a 5010 owner who would never go anywhere near a bike park… I would say the Bronson is more suitable for you. I think they basically weigh the same and have the same suspension design. So you get that little bit extra travel for what is presumably (never ridden a Bronson) only a small pedalling efficiency penalty.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Any SC 5010 riders?’ is closed to new replies.