Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • any santa cruz tallboy owners out there?
  • pete68
    Free Member

Just want to hear opinions on the tallboy by people who’ve actually ridden one. I know they tend to get good reviews in the mags, but it would be good to hear from the real world.

NZCol

I’ve had mine for about 15 months now – Large in ‘look at me’ Orange.
    I’ve done *checks computer* just shy of 4000kms on it now 😯

I use it for everything really – its been on a couple of multi-day adventure races, its raced short course XC, its been brutalised in the Alps for 6 weeks and got me down stuff I’m not totally sure it was designed for. Mainly i use it for riding around on singletrack and big long days in the hills which is what bikes are for isn’t it ?

+’s: Very well put together geometry for a 29er however it has reasonably steep angles so don’t expect freeride heaven on it. Very light and my reasonably MoR build has it at just over 25lbs, once you get it moving it flies. Everyone that has ridden it has got off smiling. Bearings and pivots have held up through a very muddy winter OK.
    -‘s: Like many 29ers you have to fiddle with position, I’m 5’11” and on a Large with a layback post – most SCs feel short and this is not exception, the metal chainsuck thing will fall off, the inside of the cross brace on the rear chainstay will get munted as will the bottom linkage – mine is chewed really badly now.

I’m a fan of it as an allrounder. You might want to look at 120mm forks on it though as I think that could work well with an inverted stem. I have 100mm Fox RLC, XT mainly with XTR cranks and a ZTR wheelset.

pete68
    Free Member

Bump for the morning crew

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘any santa cruz tallboy owners out there?’ is closed to new replies.