• This topic has 19 replies, 17 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by mttm.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Any RRP Neoguard Users about?
  • chrisjnr
    Free Member

I am pondering over getting one of these, as opposed to a Muckynutz Bender fender thing :P, I would appreciate some experiences with it. Are they any good for instance, and how do they compare to the Bender Fender should you have tried both?
    Cheers 🙂

crispybacon
    Free Member

got Neo’s on both my bikes & they are very good at stopping the crap being flung forward & then riding into it. Very easy to fit with the velcro straps. Wouldn’t want to ride a bike without one in wet muddy conditions.

Not heard of the Muckynutz thing so can’t compare it with the Neo.

carlos
    Free Member

As Crispy but only have 1 bike.

souldrummer
    Free Member

I’ve got one on the front of my Soul, mounted in some old Revelations. Seems good at keeping the muck off my face in winter which is why I got it. I have a Marzocchi fender type mudguardy thing which I can put on my Z1s, which are on my Dialled Alpine and it works just as well in the rain and mud. The RRP is a bit of a pain to sort out first time (depending on your disc brake cable routing) but for sheer convenience of whipping on and off it’s very convenient. I even carry it in my camelback in summer in case weather turns nasty.

Tom83

I’ve got one on my bike. It’s good for keeping the carp off your face, but it can get a little overwhelmed when there’s a lot of spay (normally when I’m commuting in the winter). All in all not too bad.

chrisjnr
    Free Member

Its not a life threatening question, especially as its not even autum /winter yet? Just felt that I had to ask it 😀
    And cheers btw, I think I’ll get it ordered then. I prefer the look of these anyhow 🙂

rob-jackson
    Free Member

bender fender is way better IME

chrisjnr
    Free Member

really, how?

rob-jackson
    Free Member

because it catches more mud

bri-72

But the muckynutz thing can get bent and look naff. I mangled mine when thru bike into boot with front wheel off. I’d go for the neoguard.

fadda

IME, the rrp doesn’t keep the crud from the back of your fork brace, or the seal area of your stanchions. The fender bender, though, takes up a little more room (if your tyre clearance is already a bit tight) and doesn’t stay in place quite so well.

In short, the rrp is not quite as good, but is more “fit and forget”

Mugboo

Neoguard is very good with my High Rollers.

I did find when I put a good mud tyre on the front when winter was at it’s worst that I needed glasses though.

mintimperial

I got hold of a cheap Neoguard at the end of last winter, and promptly binned my old Crud Guard after fitting it – it makes a huge difference to how much mud gets chucked up in your face at speed. I’ve not tried the Bender Fender so can’t compare the two, but for my money the Neoguard is definitely good in its own right, it does a fine job of keeping the crap out of your eyes.

iain1775
    Free Member

Echo what bri-72 said
    Fitted my fender bender looked great put bike in car got bike out fender bender creased and looked naff
    Neoguard is fit and forget fender needs straightening all the time, both work the same though so depends which you prefer the look of to be honest
    To be honest though the fender bender is just an ice cream tub lid and the neoguard is just an old innertube so save your money and make your own, when either is covered in mud it won’t matter what it looks like
    I now use the f-b on rear to protect the shock on my meta, a job it does superbly, with the neoguard on the front, but as I said make your own

Shackleton

Fender bender gets my vote. All my neoguard did was dribble sand and grit onto my fork stanchions and seals. Plus it stops more stuff than the neoguard.

ftr1873
    Free Member

Bender fender does keep muck off the stanchions as well as off your face. They can get creased in the boot but undo the velcro from the fork legs and fold it up out of the way, it’s only a few extra seconds. You could probably make one given the right material, or a duff inner tube will build you a ghetto neoguard 🙂

jontydewolfe
    Free Member

Neo guards are awesome. Craig is a great guy too, proper oldskool innit

Suggsey
    Free Member

Neoguards for me (now only one as I only have one MTB with suspension forks). In proper muddy conditions it keeps your front and face clean so you can see where you are going and are not eating mud and shite. I do not find that they deposit any extra mud on the stanchions or seals as there is loads of it anyway and if you use the correct size and set it up so its rolled forwards when it compresses and the muck drops off its onto the wheel or just flies backwards into the crudcatcher.
    I used to DIY them from old tubes but got fed up with making a fresh one every few rides.
    cant really comment on the other product apart from previous experience with bits of plastic attached to the forks of bikes always have broken or the brakets that attach them.

Oxboy
    Free Member

My mates swear by them, another friend has ‘made’ one from an old inner tube, it does the same job.

mttm
    Free Member

Not read all of the above (a little drunk, truth to tell), so pardon me if I repeat something that’s been said a few times. I’ve used both extensively, and the bender fender blows the neoguard clean out of the water. I run a full front fender through the worst of the winter weather, and I would guesstimate that the bender fender does about 80% of the same job (and keeps stanchions way cleaner), By comparison, a Neoguard struggles to hit about 50%. All IMO of course – take it or leave it, off to bed now (middle aged and proud!)

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Any RRP Neoguard Users about?’ is closed to new replies.