Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Any Roval Traversee owners, I need help.
  • psilocybe
    Free Member

Hi
    I've got a set of these and was gonna run them tubeless but have found that one of the valves isnt sealing correctly around the rubber part no matter how hard/soft I tighten the valve nut. Anyway it got me thinking what if I wrecked it by accident, what valves would i use to replace the ones that came with the wheels. Is anyone using other parts with these wheels e.g aftermarket valves and or rimstrips and tape etc.

thanks
    steve

FuzzyWuzzy

I gave up on the valve/rim tape they come with as like you've found I couldn't get them sealed at the valve after I changed the tyres (well they sealed but if you jsut tapped the valve it would break it and they'd piss air/sealant). I bought a Stan's Rhyno Lite kit in the end (was recommended the Rhyno Lite size ones by a guy at Freeborn and they fit well). I also did a couple of layers of the yellow rim tape that comes in the kit to go over the spoke holes and build the centre well up a bit.

It took a while to get the rim strips seated properly but they've sealed fine since then.

psilocybe
    Free Member

thank you, i'll give it a try.

heihei

Mine work ok, but have bought some Mavic UST ones for when they give up the ghost. Haven't tried them yet but look like they should work ok. Have just replaced the blue tape with stans yellow and works fine.

psilocybe
    Free Member

Yeah i was wondering about the mavic ones, the rubber on the valves looks a bit too deep lemme know if u have actually tested them for size (i know u said u havent tried them though). As far as the yellow tape goes do u both mean this http://www.freeborn.co.uk/shop/components/tubeless-conversion-kits/302-stans-notubes-nylon-spoke-tape

chakaping
    Free Member

The valves don't have removable cores do they? Faff-a-rama!

I had same problem as OP and still yet to try again.

So there's one person used a rubber strip and another used just tape here, is that right?

heihei

Yep that's the tape. TBH unlikely to test the Mavic valves for quite a while given the current ones are working at the moment.

The main issue with the tape is that over time if you are a bit clumsy with tyre levers (like me) you tend to damage the tape, which then ultimately starts to leak.

orangeboy
    Free Member

ive been useing the mavic valves just fime with mine , find them much better than the spesh ones. Also the sticky tape from joes no flats works well just a bit more weight.

StealthBlack
    Free Member

For the Blue tape which seems impossible to get in Europe you can use this; It fits perfect; http://www.bike-components.de/products/info/p15105_White-Tape-Tubeless-Felgenband.html probably also a bit heavier as it is a fair bit thicker

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Any Roval Traversee owners, I need help.’ is closed to new replies.