• This topic has 7 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by who.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Any route suggestions for a 2 day bivi ride in the South West(ish)
  • who
    Free Member

Got a weekend set a side with a few mates for a 2 day ride with an overnight bivi in a few weeks. We’re local to dartmoor so thinking of exploring further afield; exmoor, quantocks, purbeck, maybe even the brecon beacons for example

Has anyone got a routes they can suggest/recommend? the main criteria would be more a high proportion of off-road, a few en-route pubs and a comfortable bivi spot

Cheers

who
    Free Member

Anyone?

singletracksurfer

I’d go to porlock and ride a load of the classic trails around there and choose a quiet valley to camp down in.

eviljoe
    Free Member

You could do an off road coast to coast, taking in the best of Dartmoor and Exmoor?

Ambrose

Beacons End to End. There are some lovely bivvi spots around Ystradfellte/ Fforest Fawr. Catch the train home/ back to car from eg Ammanford or Llandovery.

Rickos
    Free Member

You need to get hold of sharki.

sharki
    Free Member

Last week(i think)i did a 131 mile route from near Taunton, out around then over the Quantocks, then to the Brendons, then Exmoor, pretty much Following the Coleridge way(a walking route) Either side of the main route was a random combination of road, bridleways and crazy hike a bike up a cliff face, and other associated daft route selection.
    See it here.
    http://www.endomondo.com/workouts/u3P5EFqCoeU

I’ll look over some maps and see if i can find an alternative route linking Exmoor with the tox, mainly of road.

My next big bivvi trip will be a QED one, with a bit of B to get me into Kernow.

Still looking over maps for that one.

I’ll pop back here with a proposed route for you.

who
    Free Member

Cheers for the suggestions everyone, look forward to seeing your route sharki, not sure we’ll be doing the same sort of mileage as your used to though

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Any route suggestions for a 2 day bivi ride in the South West(ish)’ is closed to new replies.