Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Any roofers on here? Advice required
  • yoshimi

One of the tiles has blown off my roof at the gable end – what sort of money would I expect to pay to get it replaced? I’m guessing between £50-100 or am I wrong?

teef
    Free Member

Borrow a ladder and do it yourself

yoshimi

its 3 story, no chance I’m getting up there 😳

lowey

Get up there on your bike. I seem to remember that your pretty good at getting off roof’s on one.

The irony that your an estimator for a construction company is not lost on me either.

£180 call out charge.

Try Shawcross in Wigan.

yoshimi

I dont understand things above floor slab…..£180 – think I might get up there myself!

D0NK

when your done call round mine, I’ve got a few need doing too, only a 2 storey will be piece of piss after yours 🙂

lowey

think I might get up there myself!

Let me know when and I’ll come and watch! 😆

ScotlandTheScared

I think we had some (maybe 8-10) slates done on our terraced house earlier in the year for about £150. Our roofer gave a free quote and then came back within a week and fixed the lot.

And on our other house (a 5 storey flat) I fixed a roof problem myself. We had a major leak last weekend. Waited til the next day and went and had a look (5 storeys is a long way up!). Replaced about 5 tiles that had shifted and patched and repaired a load of flashing. Would have cost us £100’s to get a roofer in. I fixed it for… £11 (or less than £2 per flat)! We had 2 climbing harnesses and rope so we could be safe – ladders weren’t an option up there. No leaks since despite horrible weather so I am happy…

bruneep

Let me know when and I’ll come and watch!

I can’t make it can you film it for me?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Any roofers on here? Advice required’ is closed to new replies.