• This topic has 9 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by LoCo.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Any rockshox gurus out there?
  • ponngoe
    Free Member

Hello. Need a bit of advice trawled through the net but to no avail. Basically ive got a rlt damper from a sid fork and my q is can i fit it to my revelations? Hoping its just a case of old one out new one in. Any advice mostly appreciated
    Thanks

BoardinBob

Find the spare parts catalogue on the sram site and check the part numbers of the respective dampers. I suspect it will work assuming stanchion size is the same

Dickyboy

In my experience it probably won’t be – I tried swapping a remote RLT damper from same year reba to revs & the stanchion thickness of the revs must be slightly thicker so the reba damper wouldn’t fit in the revs forks whereas the revs damper was a sloppy (ooer) fit in the reba forks.

Edit – depends how old, it its 2006-2009 era you will prob be fine, later & you’ll have same problems as me above

ponngoe
    Free Member

Thanks. Something that i didnt realise.

Northwind

Suppose there’s 2 questions, will it physically fit, and will it work well- oil levels and that might be different. But you can see if it fits by seeing if it fits 😉

LoCo
    Free Member

Year of both forks?

ponngoe
    Free Member

Both forks are 2012

BoardinBob

From the spare parts catalogue (https://sram-cdn-pull-zone-gsdesign.netdna-ssl.com/cdn/farfuture/QXO-7yvHRMSbuNn0y3Al5HftmjvfJAVC1JPJoI9ra5M/mtime:1372788171/sites/default/files/techdocs/2012_rockshox_spc_rev_c.pdf)

11.4015.544.050 Compression Damper, Crown Adjust, Motion Control DNA (includes comp and floodgate knobs)
    2012 SID RLT (120mm only)

11.4015.544.110 Compression Damper, Motion Control DNA, Crown Adjust – 2012 Revelation RLT (includes compression knob)

So it’s a different part number at least.

ponngoe
    Free Member

Thanks for that lil bit more in the know now

LoCo
    Free Member

If they’re (the compression dampers) are the same length it should work fine, as long as top cap threads are the same (not got a pair to hand to double check)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Any rockshox gurus out there?’ is closed to new replies.