• This topic has 9 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by pdw.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Any roadies use slime inner tubes??
  • cheekyget
    Free Member

I was out today in the pouring rain…having fun like you do!!
    Then got the dreaded puncture …..I have found due to the high pressure of the road bike tyre…fixing the tube is a waste…so I just change the tube……
    I only carry one spare tube….so I’m thinking would using the slim in a road tyre be a life saver or is it only for MTB and there low psi

duckman

I do! My commute is rotten and when they finally do give up,there are lots of little green patches where they sealed before.

fubar
    Free Member

No but I always carry a Park self-adhesive patch kit with me in case I get more than 1 puncture. If I’m going far from home I’ll carry a 2nd tube.

cheekyget
    Free Member

I do! My commute is rotten and when they finally do give up,there are lots of little green patches where they sealed before.

Sweet….I’m going to give it go then….I’m doing the London 100 next week and the last thing I need is a puncture ….I’ve got to best my mates times

Thanks

dudeofdoom

Hmmm one of mine gave up the ghost an sprayed white stuff all over m8 behind it was quite funny.

I think the tube had managed to split so nothing was gonna fix it tbh.

I carry patches and a tube but normally hope I’m close enuff that a quick pump an go every so often will get me home As theses roady tyres seem real tight to get on an off

notlocal
    Free Member

Got them fitted to my bike, roads around Aberdeen are rough and due to accidents can have glass at junctions.

therevokid
    Free Member

normal tubes with a removable valve cores + bottle of caffelatex = p word
    prevention without having to remove a single tyre 🙂

cynic-al
    Free Member

I have found due to the high pressure of the road bike tyre…fixing the tube is a waste

Why? Works fine for me.

Suggsey
    Free Member

Always carry two tubes and instant patches. I always hate the thought of not being to ride home and having to ring for a taxi or lift!

pdw
    Free Member

Tried it for a bit, hated it.

The slime gums up the valves, and when you eventually get a puncture that doesn’t seal and you put a new tube in, you find that your tyre still has all the old thorns/glass/etc in it, and punctures the new tube.

More hassle than it’s worth. I carry two spares, and if I’m commuting, patches too. Old tubes get fixed at home.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Any roadies use slime inner tubes??’ is closed to new replies.