Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • any road groups in Bristol do evening rides?
  • andcarson
    Free Member

Hello all
    As I have a busy job and child, I tend to ride in the evenings mostly at the moment. Are there any road clubs in Bristol who do this too? I have been out with one club in Bristol for a Sunday ride, but the late starts and long break in the middle mean almost a whole day out which I can’t really justify at the moment.
    Cheers andy

therevokid
    Free Member

andy … which club you been out with ??

cheers_drive

When I lived in Bristol several of us from The Cheesey Riders did night road rides on a ad hoc basis, don’t know if they still do.
    Can’t find anyone in my current road club in Ely who want to do it though.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    grahamg
    Free Member

Long break in the middle? Must be Bristol South! I’m a member, but tend to avoid the Sunday runs, however the racing guys tend to do a quicker sat morning one but it’s rather ad hoc. Get in touch with Bristol Road Club and ask about the bridge ride – it’s a mid-week chaingang that’s been established years and I think goes from the suspension bridge in Clifton, can’t remember any more details as I’ve never been (i’m too slow, it’s a proper full-one chain ride where you will be shouted out for any iffy handling/slowing etc.).

I’ve got the prospect of child along soon and am thinking of doing my ‘long’ ride on a friday evening as I can finish work at 3pm. Was thinking as long as I’m back by 10pm then the wife will be happy that I’m around all weekend.

iamconfusedagain
    Free Member

Im not sure, but there are likely to be a few people from the Severn who will go out in the evenings. They will generally be a fairly moderate pace, there are not many speed demons in the club. This might be ideal if you want to go from North Bristol. There is a google group you can join, from the website.
    I will be going out with a couple of friends more from next week as I will have finished racing for the year. It will only be a couple of us though, not exactly a group. We go over to Wales at a relatively swift pace, you are welcome to join us.

The Severn Sunday will be starting again soon I think. Rides do not stop in the middle and start at 9, so maybe that is worth considering? Pace is suitable for anyone with some fitness.

andcarson
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies
    The club I have been out with was north Bristol cc – really lovely bunch of people but as I said it was a relatively late start (10:00) and with a break in the middle ended up being a long day for a relatively short ride.

I’ll check out the recommendations, thanks.
    Iamconfusedagain I will email you, cheers.

therevokid
    Free Member

nbcc don’t do evening rides … yet …. I’m trying to get that
    started – course being an ex mtb I have lights for night
    riding … 🙂
    nbcc do run a Saturday ride which generally starts early (8:15 ish)
    and is usually quicker, and sometimes the Sunday ride is split into
    2 one slower one quicker but that just depends on who turns up.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘any road groups in Bristol do evening rides?’ is closed to new replies.