Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Any riding from Dolgellau?
  • Bagstard
    Free Member

I’m staying just near Dalgellau with my family for a week next month and hope to get some riding in. Most likely I will manage a morning at Antur and CyB while my family visit a nearby attraction, but if there is anything I can pedal to I will be able to pop out for an hour or so here and there.

iolo
    Free Member

Cadair Idris
    Ponth Scethin
    There’s a nice route from Tywyn to Machynlleth

Bagstard
    Free Member

I will look into those,ta.

takisawa2

The MachX is always worth a go.
    Its about the same distance as CyB.
    Used to be the longest descent in Wales, not sure if it still is.

molgrips
    Free Member

Lol.

Any Catholics in the Vatican?

binners

Dear lord! Have you had a look at the OS map of the area?

Is there time to re-title your post “Is there anywhere in Britain with more great riding than Dalgellau?” 😉

Bagstard
    Free Member

Not looked at a map yet, it is on my to do list! 😀

chakaping
    Free Member

Are you in touch with Chris? He might be able to assist/be free to ride.

🙂

Bagstard
    Free Member

Good point mate, I will get his details from you a bit nearer the time.

beiciwr64
    Free Member

Im based in Dolgellau and go to CYB few times a week,usually trying to keep up with my 5 year old on the new pump track 🙂
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmxASjAmWV0[/video]

Taken MTB up again after a very long break,first bike was in 1986 got an old hardtail and ride the red runs.

I can do a a couple of hours if you fancy a spin.

Bagstard
    Free Member

Fantastic vid, my boy is approaching three, but just on a balance bike at the moment. Pump track does look fun and I do intend to visit, but I’m mainly looking for rides which don’t require the car, sneaky morning rides particularly.

cadairviewlodge
    Free Member

Avoid the A470 by riding up the “old road” from Dolgellau to Ganllwyd then pick up the Coed y Brenin trails. There are routes on Cadair Idris which I’m sure are documented somewhere on the internet.
    Enjoy your riding… as everybody has said there’s almost too much to choose from in the area.

beiciwr64
    Free Member

Balance bikes are cool,started him off on a Puky,took a while to get him pedaling but now loves his Islabike 🙂
    Plenty of tracks surrounding Dolgellau to keep you entertained.
    You can go anywhere really,Antur is definatley worth a visit,so many good places to choose from.

rockhopperbike

takisawa2 – Member
    The MachX is always worth a go.
    Its about the same distance as CyB.
    Used to be the longest descent in Wales, not sure if it still is.

POSTED 1 HOUR AGO # REPORT-POST

the MachX you mention- is that a natural trail- I remember a long downhill in wales a few yrs ago that was supposeed to be the longest etc – if so where is it – I cant remember!

molgrips
    Free Member

There are lots of candidates…!

beiciwr64
    Free Member

Maybe the Climax you mean?

traildog
    Free Member

Except the Climax is a long, long way from Dolgellau. You can easily ride to Cyb from Dolgellau and as was said somewhere you can easily avoid the main road. If you head to the Abbey via a path near the Golf course (I seem to remember the road is near a school). Then follow that road running parallel to the river. You easily pickup the trails along there.

Plenty of good bridleways shown on an OS map. A great place for riding – you will have fun.

Bagstard
    Free Member

Thanks all, I will do some research, but it looks very promising!

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Any riding from Dolgellau?’ is closed to new replies.