Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Any riding from Crantock ,Cornwall?
  • zippykona

I know I can ride my fat bike along the beach but are the coast paths fair game?
    Is it possible to put a decent loop together ? Won’t have a car so riding from our cottage door is a must.

jam-bo

Tourists come out about 10, go home at 5. Outside that everything is fair game…

bikebouy
    Free Member

Take a surfboard, have a pint in the Bowgie.

Might see you down there, its one of our SUPSurf go to places.

Oh, bikes.. right..

NT Land just above, coastal path to the West (near the Bowgie) running down the coast.. Lovely place.

NeuwKey to the North, but the river will make you peddle all the way along the beach at low tide before you can climb over the footbridge about 2miles up river.. But why go into NeuwKey anyway.

orena45

What Jambo said

kayak23

I was the other side of St Agnes head from Crantock last week and did a fatty ride from Portreath. Got no lip from nobody…

Relive clip

Just go and ride. The coastal paths are really beautiful obvs, but to be honest, the riding can be a bit of a pain. Flatish sections of nice singletrack, interspersed with leg-gouging gorse, then in and out of steep troughs with hike-a-biking, tends to be the order of the day.

dovebiker

Crantock around to Holywell Bay and on the Perran Sands is relatively wide open and doubt you’ll encounter much problem this time of year – you can short-cut across the headlands to make it a loop. More interesting riding from St Agnes down to Porthtowan due to the old mine workings and trails. From Porthtowan to Portreath is unrideable in places and you’ll need to carry your bike because of steps.

zippykona

Will be visiting in May. If I take my bike it means 600 mile round trip.
    No bike means 50 minute flight.

bikebouy
    Free Member

If you don’t take the bike you will miss out on a fabulous area.

Soz, but dats da trufe.

Skankin_giant
    Free Member

@kayak23, did your frame not start buzzing when you went past the alien containment dome on the airfield?

Strange place Portreath…. Sarin and VX were made on top of that hill….

Cheers, Steve

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Any riding from Crantock ,Cornwall?’ is closed to new replies.