Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • any riders near CH4? (Chester)
  • Onzadog
    Free Member

Out there for a week. Me and a mate managed to sneak our bikes along. Might have a trip out to llandegla one evening. Wondering what the local stuff might be like and how to find it.

TIA.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Delamere is about 20mins away… Can easily lose a couple of hours in the Singketrack there..

excitable1
    Free Member

Have a look at the Clwydian Range. Just over the border about 15mins from Chester and some nice natural trails around there.

project
    Free Member

ridetheclwyds.com areas around and above Mold, just down the a55, llangwfan forest, moel famau, moel arthur, the verandah and lots more, some a bit muddy.

the edge cycle works and specialized concept store and bike factory all on boughton for bikes to touch and look at,

King-ocelot
    Free Member

the edge cycle works and specialized concept store and bike factory all on boughton for bikes to touch and look at,

Don’t forget 69 bikes in Hoole, 🙂

excitable1
    Free Member

From Chester you’re only an hour away from Penmachno, which is a far better trail than Llandegla. Also Conwy Mountain… half an hour from Chester.

thesquaredog
    Free Member

From Chester you’re only an hour away from Penmachno. Also Conwy Mountain… half an hour from Chester.

How do you travel excitable, by helicopter? 🙂

Penmachno is my fav North Wales trail but a lot of people hate it, depends what you are after really.

Llandegla is well worth a visit, especially if you like jumps.

As has been said, there is some good riding to be had in the Clwyds although I expect it will be pretty boggy at the moment.

excitable1
    Free Member

Takes me 20mins to get to Chester and 1hr 20mins to get to Penmachno. So I did the Math… but yes, I own Airwolf ! 😀

(As a late tribute to the actor Ernest Borgnine who played Dom (the mechanic) who died on Friday.) 😥

Onzadog
    Free Member

Cheers guys. Anything from the door?

excitable1
    Free Member

They don’t call it the Cheshire Plain for nothing…. there’s lots of canal tow paths you could do.

project
    Free Member

Onzadog – Member
    Cheers guys. Anything from the door?

youre probably attending british aerospace or whatever theyre called today, so out the gate, turn left, at the saltney ferry turn left, over bridge, and then go over the footbridge, at the bend, then turn right for chester, or left for a river run, to queensferry and then follow the signs for chester, a nice loop, all tarmaced and flat.

you can pick up a cycle map from the tic at the town hall in chester.

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Natural stuff you can’t beat the clwyds, loads of routes around cilcain, Moel Famau. If you fancy an evening out let me know, I can put together a good 2hr blast.

Steve

Onzadog
    Free Member

Cheers guys. We’re close to the business park with mbna on it. Might take you up on that offer of guiding if It’s not too much of an impossition Steve.

I’ve got a gmail account with the same user name.

tazzymtb

the clwyds are ace, but take a bog snorkel as it’s wetter than an otters pocket up there at the moment.

project
    Free Member

If you can get onto the mbna sports ground, go through the security gate in the corner by the sports track, this will bring you onto the dukes drive at side of bypass, follow bypass to another gate, t/r, and into eccleston village, t/l down hill and past church through small gate on right and follow river to chester, until you reach a suspension bridge, under bridge to another old bridge, then t/l up hill, then left at plant tubs,then t/r into college grounds, and past cemetry, then through bollard and t/l, continue down drive until you reach the start again.

A few gates to lift bikes over and a little bit muddy.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Cheers. I think I ran that route last time I was here.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Lovely evening here. Anyone doing something local I could tag onto?

Onzadog
    Free Member

It rained. It rained a lot. But I think I found the only bridalway in the area though. Did I mention that it rained?

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Onzadog, sorry for the delay in replying but llandegla have still got my bike….won’t be out this week. Apparently the mechanic took a week off and they are playing catchup. 😥

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘any riders near CH4? (Chester)’ is closed to new replies.