Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Any riders in the south west london / surrey / middlesex area?
  • ti_pin_man
    Free Member

Am down here most of the week now, any ride groups in easy reach of Hampton, dont mind a short drive out of town, looking for peeps who night ride during the week. Anybody meet regularly?

joolsburger
    Free Member

Might well do depends how fit you are!!!

njee20
    Free Member

We ride from Peaslake (near Guildford) on a Thursday night, which isn't that close.

I do know of a quicker Wednesday night ride a bit closer. Or the Tunnel Hill Trolls do things a bit more Hampshire way, but they're a great bunch of guys.

What sort of thing are you after? Fast and racey, or slow steady and beer-fuelled?

akira

Often do a rather slow ride from Peaslake sometime during the week, plenty of faffing and stopping and currently sliding on my arse in the mud.

joolsburger
    Free Member

I'm in Molesey and often ride nights over at esher/oxshott and am off to Swinley this week for one.

The beer versus racey thing is very relevant.

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

I guess I'm joe average. Looking for a good hard ride but not racing whippets … i rarely get left behind but am not often, these days, up front. I've been riding 17/18 years so can mix and match a fast-ish ride with a nice social

joolsburger
    Free Member

I expect my group would frustrate you as we climb like very, very, slow, climby things and then roar down the other side like idiots. In 20 odd years we never got quicker on the ups.

You sound a bit fit like!

mudshark
    Free Member

The muddymoles do a Wednesday night ride from Bookham:

http://www.muddymoles.org.uk/

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

Guys, I look up Peaslake and see how far it is. i work in leatherhead so it might not be far.

mudshark – have pinged over an email to the muddymoles site, cheers for the link.

njee20
    Free Member

Leatherhead – Peaslake's fine. Our Thursday night ride (I say 'our', but I've not been in months) is good, not a particularly quick pace, but generally sociable. Give Jackie at Beyond Mountain Bikes a ring if you want to know more 01483 267676 or email her on info@beyondmountainbikes.com. Obviously can't speak for Akira's ride!

bialled_dikes
    Free Member

why not visit cycle works in leatherhead. They do group rides mid-week

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Any riders in the south west london / surrey / middlesex area?’ is closed to new replies.