Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Any riders based in Amsterdam/Netherlands?
  • coolbeanz
    Free Member

I’ll be making a permanent move to the Netherlands in two months’ time and I’m determined to keep up my mountain biking, even if the topography is working completely against me.

I’ll be living in Haarlem (just outside of Amsterdam), which gives access to a few riding spots along the Dutch dunes. I also plan to get into the habit of making regular trips to hillier parts of the continent once or twice a month.

As I’ll be completely new to the area, I’d be keen to hook up with any like-minded riders, so if you’re based out there, or know anyone that is, I’d be very keen to get to know you!

Bregante

Gofasterstripes lives over there these days. Not sure exactly whereabouts.

Edit: Doesberg apparently. Which looks MILES from Amsterdam….

andytherocketeer

There was a thread not all that long ago (couple of weeks ago), but that was more about where to go to get to some hills when living in NL. Basically that means Belgium or Germany.

Not sure how much of the dunes is ridable. The bit down near where I used to live/work (Leiden/Katwijk) I thought was a protected reserve, but with a footpath along it.

My MTB sat in the store room for 4 years until I moved to Germany.
    Then the road bike sat in the store room and the MTB got used.

coolbeanz
    Free Member

Good memory @andytherocketeer, I think you’re referring to a discussion that I started!

coolbeanz
    Free Member

Thanks @Bregante – yes, Doesberg is indeed a fair trek away. Nonetheless, if I’m in that area, I will give him/her a shout! Equally, more than happy to meet up in my part of the country.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Any riders based in Amsterdam/Netherlands?’ is closed to new replies.