Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • any regular rides in Dundee?
  • ir_bandito
    Free Member

It seems I’m being posted to Dundee for 3 months, working mon-thurs.

quick search on here and google shows the Sidlaw Hills are within rideable distance for mtb, and the road stuff is good too. I’ll have access to a car, but will be sharing with work colleagues, so would rather not rely on it. Otherwise I’d be up Glen Clova like shot!

Any regular rides on either on a tues or wed night? Or shall i just take a road bike and turbo trainer to keep me going….

edward2000
    Free Member

If I’m up in Dundee in the future I’ll give you a shout! I’ve no idea where to ride mind.

russellmilne
    Free Member

There are some regular rides with the locals. But I’m an antisocial git and have never met up with any of them. There are a lot of folk from this area on the Trail Scotland forum, you’ll no doubt find rides on there (but you have to be logged in to view the ‘organise a ride’ section).

Sidlaws great for wee rides. Glen Clova great for big ones.

whatnobeer
    Free Member

Dundee Thistle have regular short road rides on Tuesdays and Thursdays as well as the weekends, think they also do evening/night rides as well. They’re on Facebook and there’s this group too: https://www.facebook.com/groups/576923865682777/

russellmilne
    Free Member

Aye, that’s right. That link to the Facebook page in one spawned from the Trail Scotland forum for arranging rides.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Thanks chaps.
    Just waiting for confirmation that its actually happening…

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

Try the meetups website too there are plenty to the west but sure there must be some around Dundee.

Shackleton

I’m local to Dundee and can occasionally fit the odd ride in during the week but I have also been useless at meeting up with folk from here. Riding to the Sidlaws would take 45-60 minutes from the centre of Dundee but some of it can be done off road.

I also have a picture of the Sidlaws area where I have marked all the trails I have ridden that are worth riding (in my opinion). There are a few more since I drew it but it should keep you amused for a while. Mail me if you want a copy (and pointers to another place for more DH style fun if that floats your boat and the places to ride on the way to the Sidlaws).

househusband

Shackleton – have sent you an email, too!

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Next question – looking at renting a flat/house for the time we’re up there.
    Which areas of Dundee are worth living in, and which are worth avoiding?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘any regular rides in Dundee?’ is closed to new replies.