Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Any recommendations on cycling glasses?
  • stoofus
    Free Member

Could really do with some decent cycling glasses. Got some nice bloc ones at the moment but they scratch easy as. Can anyone recommend some clear lensed glasses? Worth going the whole hog for oakleys and they less scratch resistant?

jamesfifield

I have a pair of Radars and they are the dog's danglies: the lenses are fantastic for clarity (I have G26 Ranges) and for resistance. I have a pair of Splices too and they are over 7 years old and the lenses are in great nick!

GirlwiththeLapierre
    Free Member

I have two pairs of Ryders (orange and dark lens). Come in a range of fits, which themselves are adjustable, and lenses (including clear).

Edric64
    Free Member

Oakleys = kerching !way to expensive my prescription glasses are cheaper

DezB
    Free Member

I've got a few pairs of changable lenses ones from Aldi. £4.99 and showing no sign of scratches. When they do I'll just buy another pair.
    (Take a **** of a lot of pairs to add up to 1 pair of Oakleys)

Driller
    Free Member

I bought a pair of Oakley Radars just over two years ago with three different 'Path' lenses. Okay, I paid a few quid for them, but I have used them in all sorts of conditions from the worst rain and muck in Scotland to the brightest sunshine in Africa and they are awesome. 100% clear, and importantly the right lenses in the right conditions really do give you much clearer trail definition. In low light I can see much more with the yellow lenses in than without, it's like switching the lights on.

Yes, they are expensive, the frame plus three lenses came in at around £260, but they really are that good and after lots and lots of use are still like new. One piece of MTB kit I wouldn't be without.

erny
    Free Member

Adidas evil eyes best glases by far and i've tried lots.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

i've tried a few pairs of specs for riding and have found

these to be the best

Cheap, comfy.

HeatherBash
    Free Member

+1 for Decathlon and there are several different styles / lens colour options now

teef
    Free Member

Specialized Adaptalite Glasses – no more messing around changing lens

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Oakley flacjacket xlj (££££££££!, but good)

Whyte1
    Free Member

Leisure Lakes have a really good deal on some Scott ones £35 fron £94

Woody
    Free Member

I'm with DezB on this one – got mine from Lidl for £3.99 with 3 lenses ie. dark, yellow and clear. Look ok, light and do a good job of deflecting wind and small beasties.

I also have a couple of pairs of THESE which are fantastic and I only use in car or snow as I couldn't justify replacing them. Aluminium means they rarely steam up and the lenses are made by Gentex (or at least they used to be).

Mister-P
    Free Member

If you have a budget that will stretch to higher end glasses then the Giro Havik always gets great reviews. I have 3 pairs of them.

njee20
    Free Member

I've had several pairs of the Spesh glasses (among many others), and whilst the photochromic lenses are good, the fit isn't, and they don't last well.

Radars are far superior. Oakley are doing a new photochromic lense soon which will go from virtually clear to full tint, far surpassing any of the others out there, I'd be inclined to wait for those.

TooTall
    Free Member

Safety specs from someone like ARCO – under a tenner for Uvex, Bolle etc – all to protective clothing standards and cheap as chips. Why pay loads for clear riding specs?

MarkN
    Free Member

I get mine from Aldi,Lidl or Screwfix. Having lost /stepped on more expensive ones now I get cheap and cheerful.

Clink

Leisure Lakes have a really good deal on some Scott ones £35 fron £94

Good deal – not sure they look good though!

Cougar

I got a set of the DHB ones from Wiggle, OH has the Madison D'Arc set. Can't find anything hugely wrong with either of them, would recommend either for the ~£30 they cost.

jonb
    Free Member

I wear safety glasses. It's not as bad as it sounds and they are so cheap that when they scratch or I lose them I just buy another set.

last lot I bought from here

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/gear4fear1?_rdc=1

I use these

or these

BoardinBob

Dales have a good sale on Specialized glasses

http://www.dalescycles.com/

crazy-legs

Oakley Half Jackets for me, got 2 pairs and about 7 different lenses (most of them S/H off a mate, the only ones I use really are the G20's, clear and photochromic).

Saved my eyesight in that recent over-the-bars I had. Face all scratched up, helmet wrecked and the lenses took a fair impact and some scratching but the glasses themselves are fine. I'd hate to think what bits of the ground would have gone into my eyes had I not been wearing them.

They're not that expensive either, can pick them up for <£100.

speed12
    Free Member

Bought some Oakley Jawbones recently and, without sounding like a moron, it is just like having tinted eyes. Totally forget you have them on after a couple of mins riding and the lens clarity is stunning, which is exactly as it should be. I went for the tranistion lens and you don't notice the lens tint changing, it's always just right for when you need it.

I was always dubious over Oakleys due to the price but am totally won over. I even just added a second pair, some polarised straigh jackets, for general use/driving and they are also superb.

deluded
    Free Member

+1 speed12

Jawbones (prescription) are superb … if a little expensive.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

why by anything other than bolle safety glasses – they are higher quality that oakleys being CE marked for impact resistance, UVa and UVb, and antimist and antiscratch coated

MrOvershoot

TooTall – Member

Safety specs from someone like ARCO – under a tenner for Uvex, Bolle etc – all to protective clothing standards and cheap as chips. Why pay loads for clear riding specs?

They do tinted ones too, through work we get around 50% off Arco stuff so its a no brainer

mudpup
    Free Member

Tifosi Logic Fototecs
    £65
    Single lens – same as an Oakley transition. (Yes the SAME lens)
    Disappears on your face and lens always the right tint.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Any recommendations on cycling glasses?’ is closed to new replies.