Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Any recommendations for mtb guiding / trip companies in the Pyrenees?
  • tomd
    Free Member

Hi,

Does anyone have recommendations for companies in either France or Spain? basquemtb is the obvious one in that region but they’re fully booked for the dates I’m after, also enquiring with AQR but any other ideas and experiences would be very welcome!

Thanks

crazy-legs

AQR are brilliant.

tomd
    Free Member

That’s good to here. I haven’t got a lot of flexibility with dates so scoping out as many options as possible.

kiwiem
    Free Member

+1 for AQR, can’t go wrong with them and Russ will cook you up some lovely food and cakes.

Bregante

I’ve nothing to compare them with as they’re the only company I’ve used but altitude adventure are very, very good.

http://www.altitudeadventure.com

hh45
    Free Member

Pyractif. Have gone a bit darkside (a bit like most of us!) but worth checking out. I had a great trip with them a few years ago.

ventanarider
    Free Member

AQR

johnners
    Free Member

AQR – haven’t tried any others, but have been with them twice and wouldn’t hesitate to go again.

doug_basqueMTB.com

Hi Tom, just to say again that I´m sorry we couldn’t take you. It´s got crazy busy this year and 2014 is rapidly filling up and we´re taking 2015 bookings already. It´s madness, madness I tell you 🙂 It makes it sound like we´re super successful but in reality we´re just small! We´re going to stay little too because I started basqueMTB to ride my bike, not to sit in an office and try to make money!

AQR are the closest to us geographically, they guide on the north side of the Pyrenees at Luchon. I don´t know the trails they use but there is some amazing riding around there. Then Altitude Adventures are over on the other side of the Pyrenees, the eastern bit, again I´ve never been but we have a lot of guests who have been and say good things. You also have Andorra and Singletrack Safari run trips there. I think that Pyractif are more on the road now, we occasionally get mountain bikers passed on to us from them but I could be wrong. As far as I know that is everyone who is operating in the area at the moment, they are all really different to us and I think very different to each other but I have heard good reports of them all. Some of the bigger companies do weeks in the Pyrenees but I´m not sure how singletrack-y they are.

Once again sorry. Hopefully we can take you next time.

Stoner
    Free Member

+1 AQR, And one day I would love to ride in Doug’s neck of the hills.

JonEdwards
    Free Member

Another AQR vote here (in fact 2 of ’em as the missus loves Luchon too)

grum
    Free Member

Luchon is lovely and AQR are nice people. I only did a day with them and thought the riding seemed a bit ‘XC’ oriented for my personal tastes, but like I say I only did a day.

michaelbowden

Bregante – Member

I’ve nothing to compare them with as they’re the only company I’ve used but altitude adventure are very, very good.

http://www.altitudeadventure.com

I went with them last year after reading Chipps article and they were fantatsic. I believe Chipps went back again for a second trip with them.

woodsman
    Free Member

I went with Altitude Adventure year before last. Just to balance things – I didn’t think they were that single track-y to use BasqueMtb’s phrase. Not been with them either by the way. I know the owners at AA have good connections with the MTB industry…..

I have to say I wasn’t overly impressed – sorry.

woodsman
    Free Member

I’d love to try the other two places, AQR and Basque – in fact I’m sure I will.

Pyractif are only road now, the original owner who was more MTB focused sold the company. I’m sure they do great road trips.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Any recommendations for mtb guiding / trip companies in the Pyrenees?’ is closed to new replies.