Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Any recommendations for Laser Eye Surgery?
  • JEngledow
    Free Member

As title really, can you recommend any Laser Eye Surgery providers (within reasonable distance from West Oxfordshire)? Thanks

DrP

Avoid the DIY route, personally…

Dr{@A:F}~

midlifecrashes

My sister in law was headbutted by a cow last week, she is now blind her in her (one) good eye, so avoid any bovine offers too.

More usefully, a mate of mine went with the market leader, surgery apparently went well, but subsequent infection and they didn’t have a clue, to the point of googling for treatments while she was in the room. Blepharatis for life now.

http://www.stjameslaservision.co.uk/ are the guys who stepped in and saved her sight, and who she should have gone to in the first place. There might be similar surgical units local to you.

sam_underhill

I can recommend ultralase. Had the pre-op and post-op stuff done in guildford. Had to have the actual procedure in Reading as they had the new (at the time) blade free machine.
    Really pleased, got a bit of dry eye for a year or so afterwards, still got consistently better vision than I used to get with contacts.

DezB
    Free Member

so avoid any bovine offers too.

Best advice I’ve seen on STW for ages.

MoreCashThanDash

Moorfields Eye Hospital – used by royals, celebs, the MOD and MrsMCTD. (Her mate works for the head surgeon)

Rockhopper
    Free Member

Its worth finding somewhere close so you don’t have to travel as you may need to go back a few times within the first week. In my case they were slightly worried as I was flying only two weeks after surgery so I went back for the following three days after my op.

jkomo

Get a good surgeon, some are shite, and no one tells them to stop.
    The most expensive procedures are the only ones worth looking at so ignore the ‘from’ price.

ivorhogseye
    Free Member

I used these lot http://www.advancedvisioncare.co.uk as mentioned by jkomo, don’t mess about looking for a cheap deal. Get a good surgeon. I’ve recommended this company to two other people and they too were delighted with the results.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Any recommendations for Laser Eye Surgery?’ is closed to new replies.