Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Any recommendations for guiding mountain biking in/around finale ligure
  • julians
    Free Member

Hi All,

I’m just in the process of planning our annual mountain biking long weekend away somewhere warm , and this year we fancy heading to the finale area. Does anyone have any recommendations of guiding companies to use (pref with uplift – although it doesnt have to be 100% uplifted).

We’re only going to go for a long weekend (4 days) , so it needs to be somewhere that can offer that, ie no 1 week minimum stays.

To give an idea of what we’re after, we’ve been to switchbacks in bubion, the mountain bike adventure in portugal, Lavatrax in tenerife, and they were all great, so something along those lines would be great.

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

I’ve no experience of any of the other places you’ve used for comparison but I have ridden with http://www.ezefreeride.com/ a year or so ago.
    Would recommend them for Finale.

IHN

Riviera Bikes

julians
    Free Member

Thanks eckythump,will check them out.

IHN – riviera bike only seem to do full week holidays,or at least thats the impression their website gives. Do they also do long weekends?

IHN

I dunno to be honest, but ‘they’ are only a small company and are probably pretty flexible, worth just dropping them a mail.

honourablegeorge

I’ve used finalefreeride.net about five times, riding with them again in a few weeks, always been great, and are pretty flexible with days, etc.

chakaping
    Free Member

Finale Freeride are the biggest operator in town and have exclusive use of some trails.

RivieraBike are an hour or so away in Molini, different trails – amazing part of the world.

Details on both in this blog I did on last year’s hols…

That Riviera Touch – Finale Ligure and Molini

julians
    Free Member

Honourablegeorge/chakaping – I cant find finalefreeride.net, it doesnt seem to exist, do you mean these guys:-

http://www.finaleligurefreeride.com/

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Riviera Bikes

+1

Amazing riding. We did four days, albeit it was a few years back.

honourablegeorge

julians – Member
    Honourablegeorge/chakaping – I cant find finalefreeride.net, it doesnt seem to exist, do you mean these guys:-

http://www.finaleligurefreeride.com/

That’s them… must have done some web changes

chakaping
    Free Member

Dunno if FF do package deals, we just got an AirBNB and paid 50E each a day for the uplift & guiding.

julians
    Free Member

Dunno if FF do package deals, we just got an AirBNB and paid 50E each a day for the uplift & guiding.

That sounds good to me

Tracey

When we have been it’s always been in the camper. We have always used Finale Freeride for uplifts and guiding as they have access to some private trails. It’s very cheap to eat out and if we didn’t have the camper would probably stay in one of the AirBNBs as for the price some of them are amazing.

Fat-boy-fat

Justride Finale. Absolutely fantastic. Louise is an amazing guide. Uplift as much as you want. Transfers from Nice. She arranges accommodation for ypu. She also has her cafe for mid ride snacks. Can’t big her up enough to be honest.

julians
    Free Member

Thanks for all the replies ,weve booked with finale ligure freeride.

Can anyone give me some clues as to how gnarly their freeride trails are ,as opposed to thr trails they class as all mountain and singletrack.

Werr fine with a fair amount of technical stuff,but if theres loads of huge drops and jumps then we may want to avoid.

Tracey

Not done the Wild Enduro Tour as the Landrover wouldnt start so just got uplifts for that day, going to do that in September. The other Freeride tours I really enjoyed and cant think of anything that was too extreme on them.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Any recommendations for guiding mountain biking in/around finale ligure’ is closed to new replies.