Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Any recommendations for childrens cycling glasses (for age 6 & 8)
  • chomp
    Free Member

Having just spent a week in Holland enjoying the ease of cycling safely with the kids they’re both now really keen to get out more and more with me.

The only issue we had was our youngest (6) found that in the early morning and late evening once the temp dropped that the wind made his eyes water (not trumps from me before anyone asks!).

Does anyone have any reasonably priced recommendations for clear cycling glasses for kids? He was fine during the day, even when going down inclines quite fast so I think that glasses would help stop the colder air getting to his eyes and making them water (we were stopping every minute at some points).

(bonus points if they look cool)

robware
    Free Member

What about safety glasses? Some can look pretty reasonable, and kids sizes are probably easier to get hold of than kids riding glasses. The main draw point, though, is they’re super cheap so you’re not spending £20-£40 on something that could potentially last no more than a day.

jonathan
    Free Member

Endura Rainbows are brilliant for kids. Made for “smaller heads” they fit both ours from 4 – 9. Available in a good range of tints and about 15 quid a pop. Come with hard case and bag and ours have both been really good at looking after them.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/mAzjWR]Ezra ready to rock[/url] by Jonathan Bateman, on Flickr

chomp
    Free Member

Thanks – I’ll have a look at the Endura ones (and maybe get a few pairs of safety ones to have incase they get left somewhere/forgotten/broken)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Any recommendations for childrens cycling glasses (for age 6 & 8)’ is closed to new replies.