Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)
  • Any recommendations for a training schedule for doing Keilder 100
  • scotabroad

I wondered if the STW knowledge could recommend from experience any website links or mag articles for training schedules for say a 6 month period to get from very average fitness up to fitness capable of completing the Keilder 100.

NOT looking to be competitive rather just actually complete the thing within the cut off times.

A guy at work has given me ones for a roadie century but off road is going to be a trite more difficult, should I am for a 150mile road schedule as a comparison?

Cheers

S

jonb
    Free Member

Have a look on last years Merida Marathon website. There was loads of training plan information on there.

ton

you will be in good company at the back…………. 8)
    as for training……….nah, sorry can't help with non of that nonsense… 8)

scotabroad

You going as well Tony?

You got the team too many pies T shirt ordered?? 🙂

ton

stu, i am mate.
    should be fun………. 😯

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Stu, Tony???

Big Lads reunion???

Still spaces left???

ton

sounds good……….sure there are places left.

forge197
    Free Member

I'll be at the back too 🙂

Tracker1972
    Free Member

It is going to be seriously busy at the back, just try not to roll over my still twitching body when I expire 🙂

dangerousbeans
    Free Member

Teetosugars said:-

Stu, Tony???

Bi Lads reunion???

Still spaces left???

Don't you mean big lads/

On second thoughts you were probably right 🙂

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Thought if you were bi you had road bikes as well as mountainbikes?

ton

Tracker1972 – Premier Member
    Thought if you were bi you had road bikes as well as mountainbikes?

nah, 26rs and 29rs

miketually
    Free Member
    scotabroad

The website has entry up until August so I am assuming spaces are unlimited?? Keilder/ Scottish Borders are a big old place.

Never thought about that "Bi" was part of the training, I think I will "pull out"… 😉

Nick be glad to meet up, hopefully a couple of stone will be shed come September……

miketually
    Free Member

Entries are going to be capped at 500, I believe. Extra camping arranged for this year.

Tracker1972
    Free Member

26rs and a hybrid with 700c here, no wonder I am confused!

scotabroad

Well thats the entry in 😯

Tracker1972
    Free Member

Yea, know the feeling 🙂

miketually
    Free Member

It's gonna be ace!

warton
    Free Member

it was up to 300 last week, bet it will be sold out by march. its gonna be tight accommodation wise. last years 250 had the campsite and hostel etc pretty full. I'm hopefully going to have the use of a camper van or sorts, so I should be cool. If not I'm going to commute from newcastle, I'm not tenting it again!

forge197
    Free Member

It is going to be seriously busy at the back, just try not to roll over my still twitching body when I expire

No worries I will keep some in reserve to bunny hop over you 🙂

ace_sparky
    Free Member

Hope it's not sold out by then 😥 planned on staying in the YHA but that will most likely be full then I guess I'll be staying at the inlaws near Newcastle. My training program will start again at 13 weeks before the race, I hope to have a good base level by then to build on again. Not looking at being competitive either, just don't like anyone in front of me getting in the way 😉

Trekster

Stew.

forge^^^^^^^ is in our parish. We can meet up for weekend rides. I am just goi g to do many miles in Ae, like our last trip to Moffat but ride back without the beer stop 😆

Another long distance "training" ride could be from Sanquhar. Train up, ride back..50/60mls.

Fancy riding Dfs to Peebles end of May, early June via SupW.

scotabroad

Trekster – you doing it as well?

I thought Forge was round our way.

Yes any partners for long rides would certainly be appreciated, I couldnt do the red at Mabie with my fitness at the moment, but thats about to change, its going to be painful….

thomthumb
    Free Member

A guy at work has given me ones for a roadie century but off road is going to be a trite more difficult

can you not just do the distances mentioned on this but off road? or is it not that sorta thing?

miketually
    Free Member

A guy at work has given me ones for a roadie century but off road is going to be a trite more difficult

1km off-road is supposed to be about the same at 1 mile on the road. My longest pre-K100 ride was 90 road miles.

Trekster

thomthumb – Member

can you not just do the distances mentioned on this but off road? or is it not that sorta thing?

Roads tend to be flatter.

We, forge, scotabroad and myself have Ae forest as a "local" so there is many a mile to be had training on the roads through there.
    Having said that scotabroad works away from home during the week.

thomthumb
    Free Member

Roads tend to be flatter

sorry i'm missing your point?

if a training plan says ride 50miles on road ride 50 miles off road?!

miketually
    Free Member

Train for time in the saddle. Get at least a couple of ten hour rides under your belt over the summer.

ton

get your bum used to taking a good bashing……….. 😯 😉

miketually
    Free Member

get your bum used to taking a good bashing………..

We're back to being bi again, aren't we?

ratcatcher

Is it to early to start tapering and carb loading?

sockpuppet

[looks up from flapjack] carb loading? what's that? [back to flapjack]

miketually
    Free Member

I spend my whole life tapering and carbo loading.

ratcatcher

Thats training sorted then …..relief!

miketually
    Free Member

I'm not going to train, I'm just going to tell Ton that he should be in a zoo on the start line, then I'll have to keep going 😉

Saintly
    Free Member

I did 10 under the ben and 10 at Kirry for a bit of forced training and to see what level I was at. Average fitness will get you round its preparing your mind for miles of fireroad torture that takes the effort. For that reason I would recommend some road riding 😆

forge197
    Free Member

Trekster/scotabroad, very soon Ae will be my local replacing Dalbeattie 🙂 Looking forward to getting to know Ae.

Happy to come along on some long routes May/June time that would be excellent.

Wish the ice/snow would go to get out and ride properly again!!

Trekster

Saintly – Member
    I did 10 under the ben and 10 at Kirry for a bit of forced training and to see what level I was at. Average fitness will get you round its preparing your mind for miles of fireroad torture that takes the effort. For that reason I would recommend some road riding

Fancy the train to Sanquhar ride again Saintly ❓

Geargetown is it forge ❓

turbo trainer for scotabroad methinks.

Tracker1972
    Free Member

forge197 – Member

It is going to be seriously busy at the back, just try not to roll over my still twitching body when I expire

No worries I will keep some in reserve to bunny hop over you
    Forge, that is the nicest thing anyone has said to me for ages, I am touched, thank you! 🙂

miketually – Premier Member
    I spend my whole life tapering and carbo loading.

Amen to that brother!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Any recommendations for a training schedule for doing Keilder 100’ is closed to new replies.