Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Any recommendations for a decent winter tyre for 650b?
  • whippetboy
    Free Member

Currently running hans dampf which came with the bike and have generally been pretty excellent. However, looking for a cheapish tyre that’ll handle winter and specifically the muddy conditions you get at places like Innerleithen when they run the alpine racing there.

It would seem there isn’t much choice even though everyone seems to be producing 650b bikes now, am I missing a supplier somewhere or are the tyre manufacturers still playing catch up?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated (but no I told you so, should have stuck to 26″ comments!!) Cheers!

BearBack
    Free Member

Everyones launching 650b tyres across the spectrum. Continental will have all their tread patterns in 27.5 for 2014 MY, but yep, supply right now is challenging.

ratherbeintobago

Maxxis Beaver might be about the only choice? Don’t think most of the usual options are available. Dirty Dans are but only in the DH width/compound.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    banks
    Free Member

Muddy Mary 2.35s – cracking tyres which aren’t crap out the mud

whippetboy
    Free Member

Had a massive look around the other night on the inter web and ended up ordering nothing! Instead I’m going to look out for some Wolverine Vigilantes when they become available. Will just have to manage for the time being!

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

run some 26″ wheels?? 😉

whippetboy
    Free Member

Ha, yeah I realise that would basically solve my problem! I guess I’m either ahead of the curve or a wheel fad junkie buying into all the marketing hype 😀

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Any recommendations for a decent winter tyre for 650b?’ is closed to new replies.