Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Any reason why these will be rubbish?
  • muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Fly pedals

These seems perfect for attaching to the pedals for trips where cycling shoes would be a bit inconvenient (shops, gym, pub etc) am I missing some obvious fault that will stop them from being the genius accessory that they seem at first glance?

[edit]

I guess the weight is going to mean that the pedal is always upside down, but that’s not a deal breaker as they are for the most casual of casual cycling journeys.

deadkenny
    Free Member

I can’t say anything about that one specifically, but all I hear from people having tried combined pedals is they’re generally the worst of both worlds. That’s just hearsay though as haven’t tried them myself, and I my preference is flats anyway which solves the issue.

nealglover
    Free Member

I think the way the cleat is off centre is designed so that the pedal is a easy to flip into the flat position.

The platform will always face backwards when hanging, So you sort of flip from behind with the foot, then foot flat on platform. Seems a decent design if that’s what you need.

but all I hear from people having tried combined pedals is they’re generally the worst of both worlds.

I would agree, but these aren’t combined pedals 😉

deadkenny
    Free Member

nealglover – Member
    I would agree, but these aren’t combined pedals

Yeah, I’d just realised that on posting 😀

I suppose in this case it’s at least an attachment to an existing SPD so you can have without. Just not sure it would be nice as a flat. Worst of one world at least 😉 . Then again, if it’s just to go to the pub or shops. On the other hand I wouldn’t take a nice bike to the pub or shops.

robware
    Free Member

I reckon the extra height of the platform will make you want to raise your saddle.

duncancallum

Interesting idea. I’d get the impression you’d use them once n then never bother again.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Any reason why these will be rubbish?’ is closed to new replies.