Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Any reason why I shouldnt buy this drill? (stealth edit) :-)
  • FunkyDunc
    Free Member

A while back I posted about needing a new drill (already have a cordless for screw driver/easy wood stuff)

People said to get a SDS drill, but 1. I couldnt see any cheap 2. It would mean replacing all my drill bits.

I used to have one of these for about 15 years that gave up last year, and was fine for most stuff. Its currently on offer so thinking I should get one again, any reason not to?

http://www.diy.com/departments/bosch-680-w-corded-hammer-drill-psb680re/195931_BQ.prd

DezB
    Free Member

Any reason why I shouldn’t but this drill?

Cos it’ll hurt your head?

(If I hadn’t someone else would have!)

Mackem

..too late.

trail_rat
    Free Member

at 36 quid its worth that.

i had that drill for a long time.

i eventually ponied up for an SDS for fitting my garage door and i wish id done it 8 years ago when i bought that green one.

Its a drill and it drills but thats all ill say about it – i gave it away when i realised ill never use it again having bought an SDS (this one http://www.screwfix.com/p/bosch-gbh-2000-2kg-sds-plus-drill-240v/87453?kpid=87453&cm_mmc=Google-_-Product%20Listing%20Ads-_-Sales%20Tracking-_-sales%20tracking%20url&gclid=CjwKEAiA0pDBBRCFtoPyguTh8AUSJADNWeuxdzCfmr4D92QWB91h_JlHGhjMmKn_z8TVv_TH5cfFWRoCAdTw_wcB)

But as i said for 36 quid youll struggle to do better and it will out perform an 18v domestic battery drill all day long. ( by that i mean the 18v green bosch , hitachi or the non XLT makitas.)

Horses for courses but i only really get the corded drill out when its hard shit im drilling – i also got an SDS to keyed chuck adaptor for times when im not but i try to use the drill press and coolant if drilling metal as the bits last longer and the cordless drill for wood mostly as the cordless can handle it but for bricks and stone the SDS is head and shoulders above.

footflaps

People said to get a SDS drill, but 1. I couldnt see any cheap 2. It would mean replacing all my drill bits.

Most SDS drills have a swappable head, SDS or normal friction chuck module, so you can still use non-SDS drill bits. Not that I’ve ever used the one which came with mine…

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Cos it’ll hurt your head?

A bit, yes. After that, he’ll chuck it.

My coat? Why yes, thank you.

wombat

Trailrat +1

It looks like one I bought last year, I think I paid a similar amount for it.

Works fine, feels nice in your hands, does what its supposed to.

Can’t go far wrong with it for that money

DezB
    Free Member

It’s still in the address bar 🙂

PePPeR

Get into a Homebase at the moment, as Bunnings have bought them out and they’re clearing all their own and Argos ranged electrical tools in readiness for their own stock.

Damm cheap at the moment there were Black and Decker drills going for peanuts in Worcester and Droitwich stored today!

I bought an 18v cordless hammer drill with an impact driver for £42! With 2 batteries..

PePPeR

They had corded Hammer drills like that for less than £20 on some stores.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Any reason why I shouldnt buy this drill? (stealth edit) :-)’ is closed to new replies.