Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Any Reason Not Too?
  • beaker2135

Been thinking of a commuter/hack bike for a while, I only have one bike (oh the shame) I was thinking of a BadBoy but I really like the look of this Revolution Belt Drive for £750
    Your thoughts please

richen987
    Free Member

That’s looks like a cracking winter bike, looks really nice. Could well be tempted when my cycle to work comes up again.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Can I just add that as of last week, your name is now very, very funny! (Sorry!)

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Nice for the price.
    Although any bike marketed as a “commuter”, especially one going down the maintenance free line with the alfine and belt ought to have mudguards as standard. Which brings me onto a favourite bugbear of mine: track-ends and full-length mudguards are not a happy combination.
    Make sure the tyres are bombproof so you’re not going to be taking the wheel out at all (which is a pain with an Alfine anyway) and buy it!

beaker2135

Looks like a go to me then
    I agree about the mudguards, clip on will have to do
    It could be worse, I could be known as w*nksock2135

cynic-al
    Free Member

I work for EBC, I like these bikes and the only issue – mudguards – has been pointed out (still possible to fit full length, but a fankle). You need to keep an eye on belt tension also. But a great commuter IMO.

beaker2135

Just ordered one, so thanks to you all
    Now to explain to Mrs B…

IA

I’ve got “proper” mudguards on a bike with track ends (tricross single).

It’s fine – just when you set them up adjust the stays so you have a biggish gap infront/behind the wheel horizontally. Just need a couple inches, then you have space for tension/getting the wheel out.

So yes, a touch more effort to setup, but once they’re on, they’re on.

lucien

beaker2135 – Member
    Looks like a go to me then
    I agree about the mudguards, clip on will have to do
    It could be worse, I could be known as w*nksock2135

POSTED 7 HOURS AGO # REPORT-POST
    ummmmm….I thought it was a c**k wash glass?
    Flashy, how about that as a user name?
    Mods – can I change?

honourablegeorge

There was a thread on here a while back about belts breaking when small stones got caught in the cog teeth, causing the belt to stretch under load.

Do belts cope better with that stuff now?

ir_bandito
    Free Member

The original Carbon drive belt on my Kona A snapped due to excessive side wear as it wasn’t aligned correctly, mainly due to the frame flexing through the pivots.
    Since replacing the rear hub with a bolt-in axle to stiffen it up, the Centre-track belt (which also copes with misalignment better) has been flawless.

you have a biggish gap infront/behind the wheel horizontally

which just doesn’t look as nice 🙁
    Fwd-facing slanted dropouts FTW. Especially if using a nutted hub like the Alfine…

DT78
    Free Member

That does look great for winter…

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Any Reason Not Too?’ is closed to new replies.