Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Any reason not to buy this road bike?
  • 1981miked
    Free Member

Afternoon all,

Been considering a road bike for a while and looked at all sorts, was going to hang off until next year as I just finished building my Cotic Soul up..

Found this online and seems to be a really good deal and gets a good write up.. Should I just click the “add to basket” and be done with it?

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/giant-tcr-1-compact-2012/.

DezB
    Free Member

You can send it back within 30 days if you don’t like it 🙂

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/h/option/30testride

Oops, no you can’t – discount has to be < 15%

1981miked
    Free Member

I could just do that all year then under different names.. I forgot Wiggle did that..

meehaja
    Free Member

I have the TCR composite and find it to be a lovely bike, I’d assume the TCR would be similar quality (only metal)

105 mostly, can’t go far wrong for the money, just watch the sizing, I normally ride a 56, so assumed I’d want a M/L or a L (56 is a little small imo), after a bike fit session I came away with an M so if you can try one out i would.

then pick up some chaep rabo bank kit and you’re away!

wors

I have the TCR composite advanced and find it to be a lovely bike

+1 😀

1981miked
    Free Member

I had a Giant OCR 2 a few years back in a 46.5cm, looked really small but fitted really well. I also sat on a small and a medium a few weeks ago to get an idea of the difference. Definately a small for my dizzy inducing 5ft 5/6 height.

Seems a reasonable weight from what I found online.. 19.6lbs.

Hmmm… So near to Christmas aswell. Oh well, I’m sure the family can go without this year.

Shibboleth
    Free Member

I have a TCR C3 (carbon)… Lovely bike, great handling in a short-wheel-base-snappy-handling sort of way. Great bikes.

will
    Free Member

TCR Alliance here, so half carbon, half alu. I’m a big fan it’s very stiff and quick!

For the money and kit i’d go for it.

mooman
    Free Member

I would pay a bit more and get the composite over the alu.

Had my TCR Advanced for 2years now. Superb, and love riding it.
    Good luck.

Ps.
    Shame you got the cotic beforehand. Kinda wasted once you start riding a roady..

1981miked
    Free Member

Thanks mooman..

I looked at the TCR but my budget was £700, hoping to track down a promo code for wiggle for extra discount aswell. I’ll never give up the Cotic dude. Road bike is there for fitness rides and Cotic for everything else..

My lbs has a TCR.. I wonder if they would price match then… Hmmm. No must stick to my budget!

will
    Free Member

Road bike is there for fitness rides and Cotic for everything else..

That’s what I said. Now I only ride my MTB every few months…

PiknMix
    Free Member

I have TCR2 which is amazing (amazing in the fact that it makes really dull road miles a tiny bit less dull because its so nice to ride).

pan
    Free Member

Very nice bike, they are supposed to ride really nice and i nearly had one myself but ended up getting a carbon boardman for £650 barley used. Have you have a look second hand?

mooman
    Free Member

will – Member

Road bike is there for fitness rides and Cotic for everything else..

That’s what I said. Now I only ride my MTB every few months…

😀 yes – same happened here too.
    Was bought with the full intention of using it when I didnt have time for the mtb .. no way would it ever come first over the mtbs ..
    But everything is just so much faster and easy on the road bike .. from actually riding it, to getting on it and off it.

atlaz
    Free Member

105 equipped bike for under 1000. Yes.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Any reason not to buy this road bike?’ is closed to new replies.