Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Any reason not to buy Superstar pedals ?
  • trailofdestruction
    Free Member

After riding clipless since I started, I’ve decided to give 5:10s and flats a go. The shoes are sorted, but need the flats.

The Superstar Nano Techs seem to pretty much fit the bill.

Not super expensive, replaceable bearings and pins and they’re on sale.

Or, am I being naive, and they’ll expode at the first sight of mud and I’ll end up back at square one.

Opinions ?

bigjim

in before the haters! I’ve never had a problem with superstar wheels or brake pads and would recommend them. they are hard to get hold of if you do need to get in touch with them though. Was thinking of a pair of those myself.

xcgb
    Free Member

Toffee Dodger anyone?

chakaping
    Free Member

you may prefer to get these for a few quid less if you like black, seem to be same pedal…

http://www.carboncycles.cc/?s=0&t=2&c=84&p=940&

toffee dodger sounds like a euphemism

MentalMickey
    Free Member

chakaping – Member
    you may prefer to get these for a few quid less if you like black, seem to be same pedal…

http://www.carboncycles.cc/?s=0&t=2&c=84&p=940&

+1

I have a set of these and they’re great, stick to the feet like glue.

I’m not sure if they quite have the same range of colours that available with the Nano’s, so maybe you might prefer the superstar for better quality (assuming they are) + colour choice?

chvck
    Free Member

I’ve got a few mates with these and they’ve all had no issues, not that much to go wrong in a pedal anyway imo. The carboncycles ones probably are the same pedal, there seem to be a few of them around..same pedal but different guise.

xcgb
    Free Member

Nope its the new jammie dodger variety wrong though it is

VanHalen

its a shame that linked pedal is out of stock as its defo the cheapest version of the same pedal.

ht also do the same thing:

http://www.readytoridecycles.co.uk/back-in-stock—ht-components-nano—an01ss-flat-pedal-278-p.asp

trailofdestruction
    Free Member

Nope its the new jammie dodger variety wrong though it is

I think that means you don’t like them then. I think. Any alternatives ?

The carbon cycles pedals probably are the same ones, but I’m after a different colour, I’ll bear it in mind though.

Right then, that seems to answer my question, cheers all.

Becca
    Free Member

I’ve got a set of nanos and love them. I’ve been using them for a while now in mud, snow, dust etc and they’re fab, I can’t fault them. Plus they come in so mnay colour options, what is there to not like?

chakaping
    Free Member

one thing: do not ignore the note in the box about shin rippage if you are new to flats

or at least put some plasters in your backpack

gravity-slave
    Free Member

I bought some from the same link as Van Halen. HT appear to make the Superstar pedeal so as long as you are happy with black, you can save a fiver.

Excellent pedal, very grippy and nice and thin, which helps ground clearance on low BB bikes and stops the pedal rolling under foot as much.

I’ve got about 12 pairs of used and abused broken flats on my pedal shelf and these are up there with my favourites, if not the best so far, certainlly great for the money.

stgeorge

Had Nanos for 1 year, 2000 odd miles – half off-road, no problems at all, grip like a very grippy thing with glue added with AM40s

16stonepig
    Free Member

I’ve got some. My feet sit on them. They make the cranks go around.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

good shout from chapa that looks exactly like the HT from ready to ride and the SS nano but cheaper than both.

julianwilson
    Free Member

They are ace, and sold logo’ed up as
    Nukeproof, Answer and Kona Wah Wah elsewhere for getting on twice the price of the carbon cycles version. Do it!

footstomper
    Free Member

I have some Five Ten Impact 2 & Nano pedals and they are very very grippy, no problems so far. 😀

Lesanita2
    Free Member

Wellgo V8 lookalikes way cheaper. No real issues, so long as you keep greasing them.

mr_mills
    Free Member

I’ve got nanotechs. Mine are white and therefore painted rather than anodized. The paint came off in chunks very quickly. Also it’s easy to rip the pins out if you hit rocks, and this ruins the thread so the replacement pins won’t go in straight (that’s what has happened on mine anyway).

Bagstard
    Free Member

Those exotic pedals look very similar, but I think the platform is slightly smaller than the superstar.

creamegg
    Free Member

theyve answered my queries within 24 hours everytime but didt get round to buying anything as the colour i wanted was out of stock (for months)

Naranjada
    Free Member

Had my Superstar flat pedals for a year or so now and they’ve been great. In fact I’ve not had to even think about them other than the usual pins getting worn and therefore fading grip.

There’s no play in the axle whatsoever and the bearings must be well sealed because they’re still perfectly smooth and have a resistance to spinning when your foot’s not on them which I like very much.

Northwind

I’ve got HT-branded ones, very nice. Superstar are better for spares but I suspect you’d have no problems buying parts from them even if you’d bought the pedals elsewhere

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Any reason not to buy Superstar pedals ?’ is closed to new replies.