Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Any reason not to buy a wheel truing stand?
  • captainsasquatch
    Free Member

At less than £41.00, it’s surely a no brainer unless there’s something better out there.
    Rose wheel truing stand.

vincienup
    Free Member

Looks like it should work ok. I like my Minoura though. Worth checking Planet X/on one before pulling the trigger, they often have their jobsworth one that looks very much more like something that should say Park or Unior on it discounted to 50odd quid…

On the original question: if you plan to build or maintain wheels, no- there is no reason not to buy a wheel stand… 🙂

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

No reason not to get that at all. It’ll be fine for occasional use.
    Be warned though, if you get into it and start building a few wheels you’ll soon notice the lack of precision in a cheap jig. I ended up buying a used Park TS2 fairly quickly after having a Minoura. They go for about £125.

kerley
    Free Member

All depends how many wheels you are going to be building. Over the last couple of years I have built 4 pairs quite happily without a truing stand but if making more often that that I would be tempted.

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

I’ve got a wheel that needs truing and a couple of really nice older Campagnolo hubs that I’d like to see built up again, it’s more of something to do on these colder winter evenings.
    I don’t want to be spending a huge amount, so I’ll keep an eye out for the Jobsworth to be discounted. Cheers all.

thecaptain
    Free Member

For truing a wheel, I’ve always just kept it in the frame. Only wheel “builds” I’ve done are swapping rims, though, and that rarely.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Any reason not to buy a wheel truing stand?’ is closed to new replies.