Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Any reason I shouldn't buy a Cotic Soul mark 1
  • teamslug
    Free Member

As above…wanting to build up a cheapish winter hack/commuter/trial bike that I can use when the hard pack round here turns to mush again. Noticed a couple of Mark 1 frames on here that I could refurb before building up.. Also got a nice carbon seatpost and cranks already that will fit. Any reason not to buy a mark 1 or should I be spending the extra £200 on a Mark 3? Apart from the obviously stiffer front end tapered headset are they a vastly different ride?.Will be putting some sid 120mm’s on if i can pick some up at right price. Thanks

Slogo
    Free Member

i thought everyone liked the mk1 because there was more spring in the frame. The headset was braced and stronger to take a 130mm fork. I think.

grievoustim
    Free Member

Tad biased as my mk1 frame is on the classifieds now

But it is a lovely frame – I had 120mm SIDS on mine and it handled great with them

Only selling as I’ve switched to a Solaris

BigJohn

I ride a Mk1 with a 130mm Magura Menja fork.

I love it. And I ride it everywhere from Cannock Chase (where I singlespeed it) to the Lake District, where it makes descents like Parkamoor/Nibthwaite so much more fun and engaging than a point and shoot full susser.

All you need to look out for (as long as you don’t need a dropper post) is the little drain holes by the dropouts. I had a crack develop on my driveside one a couple of years back, but a bit of judicious welding sorted it out and it’s been fine since.

teamslug
    Free Member

grevious ygm. I assume that stickers are easy to get hold of if I get in touch with Cy?.

teamslug
    Free Member

grevioustim..interested..my email is in my profile. Thx

mt
    Free Member

wish I’d not sold mine.

tobymc

There’s a medium hanging in my shed……
    * no clairvoyants were harmed writing this post.*

weeksy

I always aspired to a Cotic soul… but then discovered I prefer 29ers.

MoreCashThanDash

Mine is still going strong. Only bug bears are that it can’t take a 2×10 Shimano set up, apparently, and the fiddly steel rings for threading hoses and cables through. When I win the lottery I will get it stripped, get those replaced and then respray it.

If I win the lottery I may also buy a Soda and a Solaris to keep it company.

teamslug
    Free Member

Cheers fellas. I’ve just bought grevioustim’s. Gonna powder coat it lime green at work. Just need to get a few bits together. Gonna go 1 x 9 from my ibis and upgrade that to 10 speed. Looking forward to riding steel again after about 20 years when I sold my ritchey to a mate.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Any reason I shouldn't buy a Cotic Soul mark 1’ is closed to new replies.