Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Any real chocolate connoisseurs out there?
  • twinw4ll
    Free Member

Just discovering the pleasures of dark chocolate, currently enjoying a lidl offering and any recommendations would be appreciated, anyone tried the 100% stuff and enjoyed it, finding 85% the sweet spot at the moment.

mikey74
    Free Member

85% Green & Black’s for me. I’ve just tried the Lindt equivalent and it’s nowhere near as nice.

ecksee
    Free Member

You won’t go far wrong with a trip to a Hotel Chocolat shop if you have one nearby. Their stuff is very good, albeit a bit pricy, but you should be able to taste some in store to find your poison.

My current favourite is the Vietnam, Mekong Delta & Dong Nai 80% Dark

fionap

Really enjoying this at present:
    I’ve also got some 100% Hotel Chocolat lurking at the back of the cupboard but it’s just not as fun to eat as the 85%. As ecksee says, if you go in to a shop they will let you try all sorts of samples so you can work out what you like.

ericemel
    Free Member

My no1

Gary_M
    Free Member

Never had 100% but I’d imagine it would be a bit of an acquired taste as it would be very bitter. You might like it if you enjoy sucking lemons.

chambord
    Free Member

cant go wrong with

tyrionl1
    Free Member

Ritter Sport, the road warriors wake up call.

Although I’d rather you didn’t continue with this thread I have a problem with chocolate and I’m on a diet, I did crash into a ritter bar late the other night on a drive back from Den Haag to give me a sugar rush with which to get through the tunnel but since I’ve been back on the wagon.

I have to have nuts in mine or Ice cream under it.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Unless the cocoa beans have passed through the digestive tract of an endangered vole before being roasted on the concrete floor of an East London crack head’s basement im not interested.

isto
    Free Member

Try Willie’s chocolate. His recipes and cooking cacao are also awesome.

bigyinn
    Free Member

I have to have nuts in mine or Ice cream under it.

Is that a euphemism?

dantsw13

100% dark chocolate tastes like gritty bitter coal paste!! 85% for eating, 70% for cooking.

glasgowdan
    Free Member

A thread about chocolate connoisseurage and folk are on about ritter sport, bournville and Lidl? WTF?

You need to get yourself into a speciality shop in pretty much any european city (not UK). Amsterdam had a couple of beauties. Prague too. Stuff that tastes like nothing else, after a visit to a articular one in Amsterdam I honesty had to sit down and stop what I was doing while I was eating the stuff as it was just so sublime.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Any real chocolate connoisseurs out there?’ is closed to new replies.