Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Any Rapid Rise fans in the house?
  • matt_outandabout

I had one a few years back on the Niner before it was nicked, and quite liked it.
    I bought one by accident off the classifieds here a few weeks back. A few rides in I have ‘converted’ my fingers, and although it maybe due to it being XTR, the shifts are just working for me. I like.
    Anyone else?

scu98rkr
    Free Member

yeah i like it. shame cant do it on ten speed.

Seeing as everything else is an option now a days i cant see why they didnt continue making them.

unklehomered
    Free Member

For the DC controls on my sc bike wouldn’t have anything else.

matt_outandabout

I am using it on normal RF+ shifters.
    It is a cheap way to keep 9speed going.. 😉
    Not sure about DC, a mate had them and they just seemed to shift lots as you were braking on rocks…

Saccades
    Free Member

the wife and i both are!

kimbers

10 speed means im currently retiring mine such a shame as it just made more sense to me (using regular shifters too )

DickBarton

Love it but also 10-spd so can’t use it…which is annoying as it just seems to make much more sense to my fingers…

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Yes much prefer it, unfortunately one of my bikes isn’t, but I don’t find it a major issue remembering/relearning.

jimmy

I liked it but wanted both the same so went ‘normal’. Have a spare XT RR reach mech if anyone’s interested.

scaredypants

put it on your road bike if you have one – lovely

mmel
    Free Member

Love RR, makes so much sense. Just love being able to shift whist mashing up a steep hill. Only downside is not being able to switch to 10 speed and use those new fancy clutch type mechs. Such a shame Shimano dropped it.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Just love being able to shift whist mashing up a steep hill.

Mainly for this reason

adam1330
    Free Member

Since I got back into cycling 7 years ago, I’ve ridden nothing but, inc Dual Control, not looking forward to the time that I have to go ‘normal’!

fourbanger
    Free Member

When do you need to brake and upshift? Don’t get it myself.

Pieface

I liked it, never saw what all the fuss was TBH, it does have its adavantages. ‘Re-learning’ between bikes just has to be something you learn to do, like when I get on my road bike / SS / MTB

fizzicist
    Free Member

Love it. Gutted it’s not on 10 speeds.

D0NK

Just love being able to shift whist mashing up a steep hill.

what he said, brilliant, hope they make em again

TheBrick
    Free Member

Personally I think it’s a better design but its an example of the difficulties of converting people from a existing standard. Fokes don’t like change.

sugdenr
    Free Member

Never got on with normal – I mean what is normal about your shifters working in opposite ways? So I have no plans to 10sp this decade.
    Jimmy how much ?

mvb23
    Free Member

Just so you know you can use flat bar road shifters such as the tiagra or the r770 to get rapid rise 10 speeds

Alphabet

It’s on all my bikes. I never got on with ‘normal’ shifting.

joolsburger
    Free Member

Yup easier on the chain if you’re changing down under load. I much prefer it but just XTR nine speed available now, its a shame.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Any Rapid Rise fans in the house?’ is closed to new replies.