Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Any rail experts on here (rail ticket content)
  • rob2
    Free Member

Stw always seems to be able to get answers difficult problems so here goes…

I travel from Taunton to London a lot on the train. (2-3 times a week). Not enough to warrant a season ticket so I book tickets in advance.

Does anyone know if there is a clever way to break the tickets up to reduce the cost?

I used to travel from Oxford to Birmingham and if you bought a return to Banbury then a return from Banbury to Birmingham it was half the cost of a return all the way.

Is there a similar option from Taunton to London?

jam-bo

are there barriers at taunton yet? book them from newton abbot and it’ll probably be considered off-peak and cheaper.

sadexpunk
    BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Is there a ticket office? The guys in my station ticket office are very helpful and seem to know more about ticket prices than the internet.
    BTW – not taking the pi55 – they genuinely are and are aware of up to date offers.

rob2
    Free Member

Cheers folks. Yes barriers at Taunton. The tickety split looks good but can’t if find options

rwamartin
    Free Member

10 years ago I used to travel from Staines to Richmond. I bought a season ticket from Ryde Esplanade to Ryde (IOW) – which gave off peak discount the savings of which more than covered the cost of the season ticket. You also got a couple of free tickets each year as a season ticket holder.
    Not sure if this was just Network South East (do they still exist?) or whether it could be modified to suit your circumstances.
    Probably closed the loophole now.
    Rich.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Any rail experts on here (rail ticket content)’ is closed to new replies.