Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Any RaceFace Ambush knee pad owners here?
  • chrishc777
    Free Member

I’ve recently bought a set and really like them, very comfy however the left hand one has started to rub my kneecap, one ride left it feeling sore and the last ride took a load of skin off!

As I said I really like them so am reluctant to give up, anyone else had the same issue? Do they need to bed in maybe?

The thing throwing me is that it’s only one knee not both! Tempted to stick some duct tape on the inside and crack on but for a 70 quid pair of pads that doesn’t seem right..

tomnavman
    Free Member

I have had this issue with almost every set of pads I have owned… I find POC pads the best, but even then in the wet or after a few days riding I get issues.

This stuff has been great at preventing the rubs: http://www.wiggle.co.uk/bodyglide-skin-formula-regular-42g/

bluebird
    Free Member

I ride in them. I occasionally get a bit of rub, but it tends to be be when it’s very dusty. If it’s a longer ride I sometimes stick a bit of chamois creme on my knee just in case.

fudge9202
    Free Member

Had a pair for over a year, had no issues with rubbing. Recently sold and bought the IXS flow ones, just find these much comfier,

zero-cool
    Free Member

Strangely only one of my Ambush knee pads is uncomfortable as well. Can’t remember which knee though. I don’t tend to wear them for long pedalling rides as I had a totally trashed pair of Kyle Straits that were super comfy (but missing quite a bit of the side foam and stretched and torn) and used them for pedaly stuff until they died last month.

I have tested the Ambush pads with some rather spectacular high speed crashes this year and am happy with the amount of protection. Just wish I had another pair of Kyle Straits as my stockpile is now gone 🙁

Tom KP

handybendyhendo
    Free Member

Vaseline

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Yep, I have a pair. Never had any trouble with them, I’m afraid. Very comfy indeed!

That said, I don’t wear them for all day rides, more for uplifts and the bigger DH sections at trail centres. The ease of getting them on/off was key in my buying decision, as was comfort. Works on both.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Any RaceFace Ambush knee pad owners here?’ is closed to new replies.