Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Any problems with PayPal gifts?
  • geoffj

Is anyone having issues with paypal gift transactions? Specifically charges being made on them?
    TIA

firestarter
    Free Member

i was getting charged for them for months i thought it was normal then it just became free

vinnyeh

I think charges will be made if the giftor doesn't have the money in their paypal acocunt ie has to fund the transaction using a bank account or credit card.

uplink
    Free Member

There's a few different gift options IIRC

are you using funds from your Paypal balance or a debit card? – a CC will incur a charge

munkster
    Free Member

As I've come to understand it if you both (or maybe even just one) have a "linked bank account" in PayPal then there's no charges for anyone if you do a "gift". I may have got that wrong of course… but I've certainly never incurred a charge doing it, giving or receiving, as t'were.

ChatsworthMusters
    Free Member

What the man says^^^^^^

geoffj

I think charges will be made if the giftor doesn't have the money in their paypal acocunt ie has to fund the transaction using a bank account or credit card.

That's what I think as well.

munkster
    Free Member

Not true I don't think… I've sent funds as a "personal payment" (ie. gift) without anything in my PayPal account (ie. it came from my bank a/c) and haven't been charged at all…

Either way PayPal usually advises what fees are going to be applied for you to review them I thought?

geoffj

Munkster – I'm guessing you have a linked account which the money comes from, or at least it was a debit card, not a credit card.

vinnyeh

Not true I don't think… I've sent funds as a "personal payment" (ie. gift) without anything in my PayPal account (ie. it came from my bank a/c) and haven't been charged at all…

I think the charges get applied to the receiver though.

munkster
    Free Member

Yep, linked account, as per my first post. Doesn't *everyone* have a linked PayPal account?? 😯 😉

I think the charges get applied to the receiver though.

I've not found that to be the case – it usually says "suchandsuch will receive… £X.XX" where X.XX was precisely the amount I'd intended to send.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Any problems with PayPal gifts?’ is closed to new replies.