Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Any Portishead Fans?
  • ijs445ra
    Free Member

Linky to a stream of Adrian Utley’s Guitar Orchestra work which is due out next week.

I have not listened to it yet so sorry if it is poop

http://thequietus.com/articles/13569-adrian-utley-portishead-guitar-orchestra-album-stream

Milkie
    Free Member

Definitely poop. 😐

Milkie
    Free Member

So poop I double posted!

ijs445ra
    Free Member

Oh well it did sound like it was a bit of an odd project. Will give it a listen when i get home anyway.

edlong
    Free Member

I’m a Portishead fan in the sense that the vast majority of Portishead fans are.

I’ve got their first album.

Have there been others?

rewski
    Free Member

Have there been others?

You Dummy 😉

Dudes got an awesome synth collection though

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YT0l-OsGpgA[/video]

pjt201
    Free Member

yeah there have. some of Geoff Barrow’s recent output (Beak, Quakers etc all on his Invada label) has been quite good imo.

rewski
    Free Member

This is his finest moment

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvV9GTgHwes[/video]

ijs445ra
    Free Member

Think Portishead have done only 3 albums

Dummy
    Portishead
    Third

There is also the PNYC live album which is a live recording of album material

Beth Gibbons did a solo album and as above Geoff Barrow has done a few things as well

piemann
    Free Member

Andy Smith did a Portishead Radio 1 essential mix back in 1995.
    It’s very good indeed.

CountZero

I’m a Portishead fan in the sense that the vast majority of Portishead fans are.

I’ve got their first album.

Have there been others?

Well, thanks for including me in such a sweeping generalisation. 🙄
    Seeing as how every time I’ve seen them, that’s six so far, IIRC, and every gig has been packed, I’d say that most of their fans have all of their recorded output.
    I was sold on them before Dummy came out, same with Goldfrapp, after reading features about them in Time Out, about their first singles, and because they’re local.
    Thanks to a workmate, who swapped studios with them, I got my two albums and DVD signed by Beth and Geoff, as well.
    Speaking as a music fan, rather than someone who just wants background music at dinner parties…

Edric64
    Free Member
    kudos100
    Free Member

Andy Smith did a Portishead Radio 1 essential mix back in 1995.

Love this mix. I still have it somewhere.

DezB
    Free Member

Check out the Quakers album for a quality Portishead offshoot project.

Lifer
    Free Member

Seen them a couple of times, ATP was amazing, Hammersmith Apollo after Third came out made me want to kill people though. Full of people chatting! Go to a pub you arseholes, I wanna listen to the band!

My friend was at the recording of Live at Roseland, and won’t ever let me forget it. Bastard.

boxfish
    Free Member

Saw them at Ashton Court a few years ago. They wuz good live, mind. Couldn’t get into Third, though.

CountZero

Saw them at The Trinity Centre, Bristol, Bath Pavilion, Ashton Court, Colston Hall, Bristol O2 Academy, doing the Tsunami Appeal, along with The Coral and Robert Plant, and a couple of other local gigs.
    [/url] Portishead by CountZero1, on Flickr[/img]
    [/url] Beth of Portishead by CountZero1, on Flickr[/img]
    [/url] Beth of Portishead by CountZero1, on Flickr[/img]

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Any Portishead Fans?’ is closed to new replies.