Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Any portable DVD Player Recommendations
  • Albanach
    Free Member

Looking for one for my wee girl for a few long car journeys coming up so has anyone got any recommendations or are they all fairly similar? Also anyone got headphones with volume limiter for a 3 year old? Thanks

Murray

I wouldn’t bother. Amazon Fire for £50 (or wait for one of the many promotions) and Handbrake to rip the DVDs or for new ones buy from Amazon/Netflix etc.

GrahamS

Been through two different seatback DVD players and they both crapped out eventually.

Our solution has been to use a couple of Hudl 2 tablets instead.

MUCH more versatile: we can load them up with stuff off iplayer and a dozen ripped movies on an SD card. Plus games. Much nicer HD screens than cheap DVD players. No need for a 12v cable trailing across the car. And usable in lots of other situations too.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Albanach
    Free Member

Cheers for the replies. Murray is handbrake an app for the kindle or for the PC? The kindle is the favourite at the minute. Can you transfer movies from a USB on to the kindle?

nickdavies

Handbrake is a Mac app but there are similar programs for windows. Personally I’d probably sign up for a 30 day trial of Amazon prime and see how you get on with downloading straight from their library of film / tv if going the kindle route.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Handbrake is on Windows also. Use MakeMKV to do the rip from DVD, then Handbrake to encode to MP4.

Anyway, +1 for a tablet. Kindle Fire I guess would be a good idea being cheap and easy to use. It’s a little locked down in terms of Android but should be ideal for the use really.

And yeah, maybe look at Amazon Prime sub. I think you can get it for the family and use it on multiple devices. You’ll also get free next/same day delivery and you now get some music and books in the subscription also.

Murray

You can easily add Google Play to the Fire, so have access to all the Android apps

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Any portable DVD Player Recommendations’ is closed to new replies.

Members Notice New deal added to Members Discounts