Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Any porsche 968 owners
  • stonemonkey
    Free Member

Thinking of getting one , whats it like for an everyday car? What sought of mpg are you getting is there anything i should look for / common faults. Thinking of a manual sport.

Thanks

MrNutt
    Free Member

I keep chickens in one, does that help?

neilb67
    Free Member

I built one into a racecar, does that help?

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

They're old, and there are lots of things to look out for. Mostly minor but one or two bigger things. Join the Porsche owners' club and get the car checked before purchase.

And consider the area of glass to the total cockpit volume and what that might feel like on a sunny day. I advise against buying any 944/968 that doesn't have working (check it) air-con. It was the only reason I sold my 944 S2.

As an every day car, they're fine. They're Volkswagens really and the ownership experience was no different to owning a MkII Golf GTi. Just more rear-drive fun.

Honestly, though, they get hot inside.

stonemonkey
    Free Member

MrNutt any pics of the 968 coup, see what i did there 😀

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Check brake & fuel lines over the rear suspension, mental money.

djglover
    Free Member

One of my best mates had one for a couple of years. IIRC it did about 30mpg combined. The service bills are a lot lot more than you're average shopping car. Even at an independent

odannyboy
    Free Member

i used to work for porsche and i think there exteamely underrated for a porsche.there not a rear enguined 911, so many claim there not a "real" porsche.its like bikes really and all the snobbery that goes with them.at the end of the day its up to you.there much cheaper than 911 ownership and the 968's have excellent weight distibution and good allround power.there also not to exotic to be fixed buy an average mechanic. manuals are best and convertables are mega money for what they are.look out for bodged accident repairs and the ticky cams on top of the engine can mean trouble with the varable valve timing i belive…otherwise good practial sports car.

MrNutt
    Free Member

oh and watch out for foxes in the glove box, stoats in the ashtray and mites in the wing mirrors.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Any porsche 968 owners’ is closed to new replies.