Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Any Polish Speakers on here?
  • one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

My Polish is exceedingly poor and I don’t trust online translators to get something right enough to tattoo it on my body without getting it checked first. Im after ‘Broken Bones Before A Broken Heart’

Z?amane ko?ci przed z?amany (z?amanym?)serce (sercem?)

Im pretty sure ze z?amanym sercem is heart broken and I think z?amane serce is broken hearted but I don’t know which to use in this context as part of a sentence to make it make sense.

Ta.

Slogo
    Free Member

You want something written in a language you can’t speak. 🙄

RichPenny
    Free Member

My wife is Polish. Send me an email (address in profile) and I’ll ask her to translate for you 🙂

Sandwich

Cherry blossom or Kiwi are the only polish I use.

kayak23

jestem g?upim tatua?em monkey

Hope that helps.
    🙂

‘Broken Bones Before A Broken Heart’

Wow….deep. 🙄

matt_bl
    Free Member

Z?amane ko?ci przed z?amanym sercem

Is the advice of my Polish colleague, she asks if it is for a tattoo?

Matt

Edit: sorry didn’t read the OP 🙄

glupton1976
    Free Member

This has to be troll. Cant be anything else but a troll. If it is not a troll I fear for the future oh humankind.

hels
    Free Member

Seriously ? I am a fan of tattoos, but you really really really shouldn’t write something permanently on your body in a language neither you nor the tattoo artist understand. Especially something you can’t even express properly in English (no need for the caps). Check out the dolphin designs on the way in buddy. Or spend the money on getting drunk when your A-level results come in.

DezB
    Free Member

Why are other people bothered by what someone has tattooed? Damn weird.

(Was going to offer translation, but RichP has that covered already)

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I don’t know why you confuse giving advice with being bothered, that’s pretty weird.

Mr_C
    Free Member

‘Broken Bones Before A Broken Heart’

To me this sounds like some sort of tendency towards domestic violence.

DezB
    Free Member

I don’t know why you confuse giving advice with being bothered, that’s pretty weird.

I know you’re a such a clever bloke and always out to show it, but you’re saying that this is advice?

This has to be troll
    jestem g?upim tatua?em monkey Hope that helps.
    You want something written in a language you can’t speak?

Weird idea of advice.

loddrik
    Free Member

konabunny
    Free Member

You need to explain the meaning to get an accurate translation… Before in the sense of “death before dishonour” has a different meaning to before in the sense of “before my eyes”.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I know you’re a such a clever bloke

Well I’m touched by your confidence in my cleverness, but sadly I fear that you exaggerate, you really don’t have to be very clever to realise that this represents someone giving advise rather than someone who is bothered :

Seriously ? I am a fan of tattoos, but you really really really shouldn’t write something permanently on your body in a language neither you nor the tattoo artist understand. Especially something you can’t even express properly in English (no need for the caps). Check out the dolphin designs on the way in buddy. Or spend the money on getting drunk when your A-level results come in.

Even I managed to work that out.

meehaja
    Free Member

Person wants advice re: Tattoo, two other people argue about it. Welcome to the internet.

mboy
    Free Member

Dunno if he still comes on here or not, but “hairychested” of this forum was a Polish fella iirc.

RichPenny
    Free Member

Sorry, I thought this thread was a request for Polish speakers. The condescending **** thread was last week, no?

Anyway, have emailed a link, hope the answer matches the one above!

RichPenny
    Free Member

OK, this is the answer that I have:

“Pr?dzej z?ami? sobie ko?ci ni? serce”

This means “I would rather break my bones than my heart”

She also says to either visit a Polish tattooist or have someone Polish write it out for you so the tattooist can copy the tails etc. on the letters accurately.

Z?amane ko?ci przed z?amanym sercem

Does mean broken bones before a broken heart. But to a Polish person means broken bones in front of a broken heart. Like ribs 😉 As Konabunny says it’s all about the meaning of the phrase rather than a literal translation. Plenty of phrases and sayings do not translate well, especially if no parallel word exists.

FWIW, I had a similar issue when getting something engraved in Polish. Tomorrow I can ask someone who has been fluent in both languages for about 40 years, I may ask her too, see if I get a different answer…

Kryton57

Mr sheen.

Mr sheen, mr sheen.

Mr sheen, mr sheen, mr sheen!

There, I can speak polish. 😀

I’ll er, get my coat shall I…..?

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

Ok, wow interesting responses, having been on here a long time prior to uping sticks and moving to oz I should have expected both extremes of response from helpful to hurtful. To those who bothered to be helpful thank you esp RichPenny -many thanks – grammatically I find polish a lot harder than German or French and sometimes it’s hard to work out the difference between ‘before’ as in in front of as opposed to rather than!

To the the rest who think they know enough to comment in a derogatory way – get f u c k e d.

For clarification (In no particular order):
    A) it my body.
    B) I chose polish because of my polish heritage and because I don’t want every c u n t judging me on what I have written on my chest.
    C) I do speak a little polish however not enough to trust my translating to my flesh.
    D) I would ask my polish grandfather however I don’t think it’s entirely appropriate seeing as I’m half a world a way and there’s a good chance I’m not going to make it home now on time to see him alive.
    E) it’s a fairly bold statement but seeing as I’ve stopped worrying about a typical life with another human and now spend 
     any time not in the desert riding my bike as a priority I guess perhaps maybe it means something to me…
    F) I finished my A levels over a decade ago, I also have a Masters in Geology, thanks to which I now earn > $125k pa. so I’m not exactly stupid.

d45yth
    Free Member

so I’m not exactly stupid.

You’re not clever enough to hide your swearing a little better!

tails
    Free Member

😆 sounds a lot better than all the awful stars or butterflies you see tattooed on the local girls.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Any Polish Speakers on here?’ is closed to new replies.