Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Any point selling Car Tyres?
  • Kryton57

I’ve 4 nearly new ones of dubious quality coming off my car. Is it worth sticking them on Gumtree of similar of just chucking them in the bin?

Will anyone buy them?

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

I’ve got four listed- no interest whatsoever (Goodyears in a common size, 5/5/5/4mm tread). £60 isn’t a lot I thought..

May try 99p start Ebay as seems a waste to tip them

stumpy01

I’d probably stick them on eBay with an honest description with details of why you are getting rid, a few pics and BUYER COLLECTS stated several times.

Then put them on with a 99p start price. But that’s because I hate just chucking stuff away; I’d rather someone else made use of stuff.

Or you could stick them on freecycle.

Kryton57

Ok, any cash is good cash I guess.

cyclistm
    Free Member

would they be worth more if you sold them with wheels or would that reduce the market?

Kryton57

I want to keep the wheels, they’ll have new tyres on them.

totalshell

folks buying used tyres do so because they are skint and 1 of thier tyres is bald so selling4 for 60 is not going to happen as they could get 1 new one for that sell individually for 15 and they ll fly..

number18
    Free Member

I’ve recently sold four used tyres on eBay, I sold them as pairs (rear were 255/18s and front were 225/18s). There was 3-4mm tread on one pair and 2-3mm tread on the other.

I got £75 in total which went some way to discounting the new tyres I’d put on. It took a few weeks and a couple of relistings but it was easy enough.

I took photos with the tread depth being measured across each tyre from left to right.

globalti
    Free Member

There are second-hand tyre dealers in the rougher areas of all towns. If you’ve got a common size they might be interested but they don’t want executive or exotic sizes.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Any point selling Car Tyres?’ is closed to new replies.