Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Any point in relocating to Devon? (depressing situation content)
  • onceinalifetime
    Free Member

Apart from riding on Dartmoor.

What’s employment figures like down there?
    What area is nice to actually move to, Tavistock?

Not happy about moving so far.
    Life is depressing right now as a young person in this country in all areas of life.

Cornwall, **** that, family couldn’t give a toss if they are down that way.

Having been in Glos, I have had nothing but trouble.

project
    Free Member

Join a UNION young man.

kayak23

Devon is a fantastic county. The only one with two coastlines….
    I’d move there like a shot if I had a nice job to go to.

kayak23

Tiger6791

Us that 1 per coast line ?

project
    Free Member

Wirral also has 2 coastlines.

So does the llyn Peninsular, also Anglesey,

kayak23

Wirral has one continuous coastline, I was born there, as does Anglesey, its an island, and the llyn peninsula isn’t a county… 🙂

druidh
    Free Member

Surely the Wirral and Anglesey only have one coastline each – it’s continuous.

Sneaky edit there kayak23……

meehaja
    Free Member

I wanted to move to Devon but couldn’t get a transfer at the time. Its nice. Go there.

cheez0
    Free Member

if you are depressed there, there are fewer opportunities here.

but the scenery is nicer, but that wont matter, because you wont have any money to afford to live in the scenic places, coz they’re too expensive, and fuel is so expensive that you wont be able to afford to visit them.

look abroad if you want opportunities, further than europe too.

hope that cheers you up!

crikey
    Free Member

Lancashire has two; one with the sea, one with Yorkshire, which is similarly furnished..

ahwiles
    Free Member

Any point in relocating to Devon? (depressing situation content)

nah, Devon’s nice an all, but it’s too far from Scotland.

(and yorkshire).

jam-bo

Tavistock is a great place to live. Wouldn’t be anywhere else.

Why you moving down here?

crikey
    Free Member

To be honest the clotted cream thing would put me off, and the lack of gravy at the chippy, and the lack of chippies.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Whats your skill set ? Little point in goin from one jobless area to another …..

jruk
    Free Member

jruk
    Free Member

Devon’s one big playground but it really depends on how you earn your cash and where you are in your career. Private sector salaries are generally crap and housing is expensive – relatively more so than London when compared to salaries.

What do you want to do for work? I did the London thing for 10 years and moved down almost 3 years ago. Wouldn’t move back as I actually get to see my wife and daughter. Took a massive paycut as realised there’s more to life than being a corporate drone. That said, getting pissed most nights in Soho was great when I was 25…

Trimix
    Free Member

Be a bit more rational – if you like mountain biking and need cheering up (money) you need access to good riding places and a good chance of employemnt for a good wage.

Somewhere like Bristol for example. Find work first to pay the bills and keep you on your bike.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Any point in relocating to Devon? (depressing situation content)’ is closed to new replies.